I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, December 15, 2006

A working Saturday

Our new mall at the east side has opened a couple of days ago, but the official launching is on this Saturday. We are anticipating lots of customers and the employees were told not to park our cars in our own parking lot on that day. Instead, we were asked to park at the competitor's parking lot and keep our own parking space for the patrons. Hmm, that's kinda like killing two birds with one stone. What a nice strategy.

The management has asked the support staff to volunteer in helping out at the store on this weekend. Since 贝 is gonna attend his company's AD&D in Singapore on Saturday, i decided to go into Singapore too and take this chance to experience how it is like to work on the retail floor. I've signed up for the afternoon shift working as a packer at the cashier counter.

Unlike some of my classmates who worked as part-timers at retail chain or McDonald's during school holidays, i've never been a service industry worker before. If i don't take into consideration the time i played worked in my dad's company during my primary school days and the time i worked for the professors as course marker in my university days, the first time i really worked was in my first job, which was already an office job. So i'm really excited in doing something that i probably won't get to do in my working life. I really look forward to it.

Labels:

I don't know why I am doing this but it seems that everytime I leave a comment here on your blog is that I could guess where you work. LOL..

You leave too much information on your blog for people to know who you might be. Personaly I don't like Navision system due to some personal reasons. I can't imagine your chain using it. Hehehe..

Hope you have a good weekend selling things and supporting the system. It is bound to be a hectic weekend. :-)

Heehee, i think those who know Singapore well enough could guess where i work with the things i wrote here. Anyway, no one really reads my blog other than my friends, which was why i could write about my personal life freely to keep them updated, and not have to worry too much about repercussions. Of course i do hope that my colleagues or bosses won't stumble upon my blog, or else i would probably be in trouble. :P

I won't say Navision is the best system, but it does have some good points, as well as lots of limitations too of course. Btw, in case you didn't know, our competitor (the one beside our building) is also using Navision, for a very long time already. ;)

Yes, in your industry in Singapore, there are quite a few users using Navision. Interesting fact. But I have done some presentations before which shows why some Malaysian companies would not adopt Navision as their ERP of choice. Frankly, being bought over by Microsoft have helped grow their business tremendously. Plus the fact that they are the cheapest on the market (for branded MNC type ERP) helps to win their market share.

Share your cogitation



Thursday, December 14, 2006 @ 3:17 am: Being successful
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 @ 3:03 am: Stayed at home today
Monday, December 11, 2006 @ 4:11 am: 贝's birthday gift
Friday, December 08, 2006 @ 1:31 pm: Happy birthday to 贝
Thursday, December 07, 2006 @ 4:20 am: Visit to the new work place
Tuesday, December 05, 2006 @ 3:07 am: In anticipation of a new work place
Monday, December 04, 2006 @ 1:15 pm: Switched to Blogger in beta
Friday, December 01, 2006 @ 4:31 am: I'm tired
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 @ 4:29 am: Make sure the boss is informed on everything
Monday, November 27, 2006 @ 4:13 am: Another Vidal Sassoon hair straightener