I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, November 11, 2005

Consultants... don't you just love 'em?!

One of the consultants asked me to assist her in printing some documents from the system. She showed me two lot numbers and asked me to print the associated Job Travellers, only that these two lots weren't production output but direct purchase items. She knew it too and told me that these were buy-sell items even before i checked the system, and yet she still asked for the Job Travellers.

I was taken aback by her request. These consultants have been here for more than 10 months now and they still don't know what is a Job Traveller? I explained to her that if there was no production, there wouldn't be a Job Traveller, and then she asked me why was that so!

Anyone who works in manufacturing industry should know what is a Job Traveller (or Lot Traveller). It's a piece of paper that follows the items through the production process for tracking purposes. It's also used to record the information on input, output and the persons who work on the lots at each process.

Not to mention that it's not something unique to our line of business, even if it is, the consultants should have learnt it by now. 10 months! A baby would have been born already, and yet they still couldn't even grasp the simple idea of Job Traveller??!!  

Millions were spent to engage the consultants to spearhead the rescue effort for our company and this is what we get?! The Management should be glad to know that we are in such good hands.

I really wanna be a consultant when i grow up.

I don't really like consultant either. I feel they usually jump into conclusion or make suggestion without in-dept understanding of a company

Share your cogitation



Thursday, November 10, 2005 @ 3:37 am: Snooker U
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 @ 4:28 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Monday, November 07, 2005 @ 8:29 pm: I hate long weekends
Sunday, November 06, 2005 @ 8:26 pm: Condemned for good deeds
Friday, November 04, 2005 @ 6:34 pm: My thoughts on the talk show
Thursday, November 03, 2005 @ 5:15 am: Transcript of talk show about bloggers' responsibi...
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 @ 3:12 am: Happy DeepaRaya!
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 @ 4:57 am: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Monday, October 31, 2005 @ 4:14 am: Translating and transcribing
Friday, October 28, 2005 @ 3:51 am: Trivia of my uneventful day