I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, October 31, 2005

Translating and transcribing

I was busy today translating and transcribing the talk show broadcasted on Channel U last Monday. I really have no idea if anyone has already done that, but heck, even if there is, i can always still do mine.

I've done translation of my research questionnaire and the old screed that i've written before, but this was the first time i was doing a transcription. My original plan was to have it done and posted today, but then when i was actually doing it, i realized IT WAS SO DARN DIFFICULT!

Firstly, i've recorded the show with my VCR recorder. Then i needed to play it back again while recording it with my microcassette voice recorder. I would then play and pause the recording many times just so that i could translate and type it out in my laptop. Wow, never knew it was such a tedious task. Now i really admire those interpreters who can listen and translate at the same time on the spot.

贝 seemed to be rather amused by my enthusiasm in this task. Oh well, it does seem a bit silly and a waste of time. But i'm doing this because i wanna share with other bloggers, especially Malaysian bloggers who couldn't watch Singapore TV channels, on what had been discussed in the show. It wasn't really about what that notorious Singaporean female blogger had said, but more on what the lawyer had talked about regarding the legal responsibility of bloggers.

My targetted completion date is now changed to Tuesday. Kanbate ne!  

hello, first time here...i was 'attracted' to come here fr pps bcos of yr title...well, it's bcos my work IS related to translating + transcribing :)

wat can i say...ganbatte kudasai!

-angel-

Share your cogitation



Friday, October 28, 2005 @ 3:51 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Thursday, October 27, 2005 @ 4:16 am: My apologies
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 @ 10:04 pm: You came from a single-parent family? So?
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 @ 2:12 am: This is what we called proactive
Saturday, October 22, 2005 @ 6:06 am: Money can buy a life
Thursday, October 20, 2005 @ 3:40 pm: Condolence
Thursday, October 20, 2005 @ 4:39 am: Misguided or evil?
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 @ 3:47 am: Being young isn't a justification for bad behaviours
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 @ 3:18 pm: I shouldn't have reacted this way
Monday, October 17, 2005 @ 4:41 am: The culprit