I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, February 06, 2006

Back to work

Sigh, it's back to work today. My long holidays ended just like that. People say that time flies when you are having fun, but i think time flies regardless you are having fun or not. The next public holiday will be in April, which means that i would have to work hard (or pretend to be so) for two months before having the next break.  

The pot-luck dinner at my home last Saturday was a blast. There were more than 10 persons gathered at my humble home. Everyone prepared one or more dishes and we saw a table of food -- yu sheng, fried rice vermicelli, beef rendang, Japanese seaweed salad, potato salad, yong tau foo, fish balls, Hakka meat balls, honey dew sago, etc. My friend had her little girl tagged along, who was so adorable like a Japanese doll. I could imagine how beautiful she must be in Kimono. It had been a very long time since we last had a gathering like this, with everyone back from overseas celebrating Chinese New Year together. Gosh, it just made me feel happy and old at the same time.

For this CNY, i received a decent amount of ang paos, with the biggest sum so far given by 贝's mom. My 2nd aunt still hasn't given me the ang pao yet and i'm expecting a big one since i'm her favourite niece. Maybe in a few years time, i may not be able to get ang paos anymore, or rather, i would have to give out ang paos. So i gotta enjoy while it lasts.  

Labels:

And I was telling my aunts not to give me ang paos because i am (almost)28; here you are still expecting angpao at 31.... :P

Anyway, Happy Birthday :)

Thanks -- for your wishes as well as making me feel embarrassed for expecting more ang paos... *blushed*

Share your cogitation



Friday, February 03, 2006 @ 7:04 am: The five days of CNY and my birthday
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 @ 5:53 am: Why 1975 was a good year
Sunday, January 29, 2006 @ 4:58 am: A quiet Chinese New Year's Eve
Saturday, January 28, 2006 @ 4:57 am: I need to think this over
Friday, January 27, 2006 @ 3:43 am: I'm a natural beauty leh!
Thursday, January 26, 2006 @ 3:22 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 @ 4:24 am: I'm not a shopaholic
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 @ 3:34 am: A little story about Yuan Shi Kai
Monday, January 23, 2006 @ 4:31 am: Chinese New Year party
Friday, January 20, 2006 @ 4:32 am: Of blogging travel logs