I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, March 17, 2008

The past week

It has been an exhausting week.

Was in Taipei from Monday to Wednesday. My trip this time was worse than the previous, because it was the time of the month and i was feeling very tired. Just as everytime we were there, i gotta rush for the work and was sleeping late everyday. To make matter worse, i must have eaten something bad during the dinner on Monday, and was having diarrhea the whole night. Even my little boss said i looked pale when he saw me on Tuesday morning.

So, i decided not to join the guys on Tuesday night for dinner. I ordered room service and had soup and salad for dinner.



There were some complimentary fruits and tidbits too, but i didn't touch any of it (except the bottled drinks) since i was having a bad stomach.



They put us back to the San Want Hotel (神旺大飯店) this time, as my big boss is a person who's quite particular about the accommodation and we had given some negative feedback about our last stay at the Grand Victoria Hotel. I would, however, rather stay at the latter this time because it's closer to the office. Furthermore, the room we had this time at San Want was different from the last. It was very small and facing the back alley. In comparison, Grand Victoria wasn't that bad after all.

Trying to convince the Taiwanese users to perform certain tasks were really debilitating, despite their apparent friendliness towards me. I had put in quite some effort in winning their hearts; perhaps having the ability to speak their language does make it easier for me. Of course, i'd rather attribute it more to my likable personality.

Anyway, the days passed quickly when i was back in SG. Then yesterday, even though i was very tired and sleepy, i still dragged myself out of bed in the morning and went to the driving range to practice my golf swing. We haven't been touching the golf clubs for nearly two months already. Please don't bother asking me how i played yesterday. Let's just say it's a wonder that i still remember how to hold the clubs.

I am so looking forward to next week. It's gonna be a short working week and long weekend ahead. We are going on a vacation, and we being Sui, Ting, Carol and husband KT, 貝 and i. We are going to Bangkok on Wednesday morning and returning on Saturday evening.

This is the trip we planned last September when Air Asia was having a promotion. I almost couldn't make it if it wasn't for the delay in the Taiwan project, which originally planned to have us in Taipei supporting the UAT around this time.

I've just finished planning for the itinerary today. Hopefully the places of interest i picked were indeed fascinating enough for everyone.

Can't wait till Wednesday.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Thursday, March 13, 2008 @ 4:42 pm: Back in SG
Sunday, March 09, 2008 @ 9:36 pm: Going away again
Sunday, March 09, 2008 @ 9:29 pm: We've spoken
Saturday, March 08, 2008 @ 4:53 am: A long way from home
Saturday, March 08, 2008 @ 4:49 am: More on the election
Wednesday, March 05, 2008 @ 3:12 am: Random thoughts on the election
Tuesday, March 04, 2008 @ 2:20 am: Massive traffic jam
Monday, March 03, 2008 @ 3:51 am: New bearistas
Friday, February 29, 2008 @ 3:54 am: Terrorist on the run
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 @ 3:59 am: Empty promises no more