I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Empty promises no more

Four years ago, he made us promises.

With his reputation of being righteous and incorruptible, i put my trust in him and decided to give him a chance, and to give our country a chance.

Four years have passed. Nothing was delivered.

The country did not become better, if not actually became worse.

Perhaps it was naiveness on my part, to actually believe that he could bring us miracles. Instead, he gave us empty promises.

There were times that i felt despair, that i felt that there seemed to be no cure to our sickness.

Frankly, i still doubt that there is indeed a cure.

But i believe in the quote from my favourite movie, "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Yes, there is always hope, no matter how slim it may seem.

I'll be sure that this time round, i'm placing my hope in the right place.

Labels:

My sentiments exactly. We all felt cheated.I am making sure my vote counts.

I was just thinking if you would ever comment on the coming event... voila, we sure think alike!
I am already sick of being treated as a "servant" by our civil servants.
I am tired of getting the feeling of cluelessness whenever I want to know more about government related processes.
I do not see why I should continue financing our sleeping GOV officers, officers who "bocor" females and said females should enjoy rape if they cannot fight the raper, officers who can build a palace within a slum area, MPs whose talking appears not-adequately-educated, MPs who passed laws which harm their constituents, etc etc...
So I have just donated to parties who dare to say no to all those I have mentioned...

Our country need a change! It can only be possible if such request for change is relected in the election results. Hope majority of Malaysian think the same. For Johor... I hope miracle can happen.

Share your cogitation



Monday, February 25, 2008 @ 4:27 am: Back in SG
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 @ 3:07 pm: Bath robe
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 @ 2:46 pm: Internet deprived
Monday, February 18, 2008 @ 7:50 pm: Out of town
Thursday, February 14, 2008 @ 4:40 am: Angpao from work
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 @ 4:57 am: Woes at work
Tuesday, February 12, 2008 @ 4:07 am: It's back to work
Thursday, February 07, 2008 @ 5:06 am: Bye bye pig
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 @ 4:51 am: It has been a while
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 @ 4:36 am: Alone