I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Angpao from work

Reached home rather late today, so i can only do a quick post. The interesting story about my ex-boss will have to wait till tomorrow.

The big shots from HK were here today for meeting. Uh huh, even though this is a UK MNC, the people who are in power in this region are from HK. In fact, in our office here, Cantonese seems to be the de facto language rather than English or Mandarin.

With the region controlled by HK people, this office sometimes feels more like a Chinaman company than a UK MNC. I can't remember if i've mentioned this. I heard from my colleagues that the seating arrangement of the Directors and some of the staff was in accordance to feng shui. They said the management actually matched the feng shui with the Directors' birthdates to ensure that it will bring wealth and good luck to the company.

Having such Asian culture in the office has its good and bad points. The good thing i found so far is the angpao that i received over these two days. I got one from my big boss (SGD20), and another from his boss (SGD10) yesterday. Then today, one of the big shot gave me one too. I opened it and was shocked at the amount.



Uh huh, SGD50. Wow, he sure is rich.

And today we also have our CNY lunch with the big shots. And thanks to them, we got to eat some really expensive dishes, such as pâté de foie gras (goose liver), lobster, and abalone. I'd bet the lunch today is one of the most expensive i've ever had so far.

On an unrelated note, 貝 is back in JB already. I'll get to see him tomorrow. Yay!

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, February 13, 2008 @ 4:57 am: Woes at work
Tuesday, February 12, 2008 @ 4:07 am: It's back to work
Thursday, February 07, 2008 @ 5:06 am: Bye bye pig
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 @ 4:51 am: It has been a while
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 @ 4:36 am: Alone
Sunday, February 03, 2008 @ 4:34 am: An unhappy birthday
Friday, February 01, 2008 @ 4:32 am: One more day
Thursday, January 31, 2008 @ 1:56 am: Two more days to go
Monday, January 28, 2008 @ 4:36 am: An enjoyable day
Sunday, January 27, 2008 @ 4:08 am: An idling day