I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, December 29, 2008

An early birthday present

On the eve of Christmas, i got another present from 贝.



Uh huh, i got a new mobile phone -- Samsung INNOV8 (i8510).

This is my birthday present, more than a month early. 贝 said since he had already bought it, he might as well give it to me earlier. In fact, he got himself a same phone as well, so i bet it was because he couldn't wait to use his too.

I can't recall if i've actually written about this -- i dropped my old mobile phone into the toilet bowl a few month back. It isn't really right to call it my old mobile phone, because i had only used it for less than a year. It was actually still quite new.

What happened was i brought the mobile phone to the washroom with me, and put it in the pocket at the back of my pants. The washroom on the floor of my office only has two cubicles, one of sitting type and the other the squatting type. The sitting type was occupied and so i went in to the squatting one. Forgetting that the phone was at the back pocket, i just pulled down my pants and then that was it, the phone dived right into the toilet bowl.

I was stunned for a second or two, and quickly picked it up from the toilet bowl -- before you say "ewwww", please know that the toilet bowl was clean and i had not urinated into it yet. Ok, it indeed was a bit "ewwww", which was why i did something really stupid. After i picked the phone up, i switched off the power and took it to the wash basin and rinsed it with clean water.

Ya ya ya, idiotic, i know. I am a bit of this "cleanliness freak" that i totally forgot that it was an electronic devise that cannot come in contact with water! When i finally realised what a stupid thing i was doing, i quickly wiped it dry and gave it a few hard shake, hoping to shake out the water in it.

Anyway, to cut the story short, the phone could not be used anymore. Dropping it into water would void the warranty, and fixing it would cost more than getting a new one. 贝 said his two-year contract with Starhub was ending soon, and he could get a new phone for me at discounted price, so i decided to wait for a few months. 贝 lent me one of his Nokia phones (he has three mobile phones!) and i had been using it ever since.

I was actually quite upset with that incident. Other than because it was still new and i had spent SGD100+ to get a new earphone to go with it, i kinda like that Sony Ericsson phone quite a lot, especially the walkman function, which helped to keep me entertained with nice songs on the many business trips i had.

I have yet to explore the multimedia function on this new phone. This is the first smart phone i've had and decided to make full use of it.

Yeah, so i got another new toy for the new year.

And thanks 贝 for that.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Thursday, December 25, 2008 @ 10:01 pm: Merry Christmas
Tuesday, December 23, 2008 @ 11:25 pm: Short working week
Friday, December 19, 2008 @ 1:34 pm: Miserable
Saturday, December 13, 2008 @ 4:07 am: At Changi Airport
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 @ 2:17 am: Christmas Bearistas 2008
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 @ 12:20 am: Long weekend
Monday, December 08, 2008 @ 11:53 pm: Newlyweds
Monday, December 08, 2008 @ 10:39 pm: Happy birthday and anniversary
Friday, December 05, 2008 @ 1:26 am: At KL
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 @ 4:20 am: Clearing annual leave