I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What i'm reading now

I just realized that my Basic Driving Theory Test is on next Wednesday (23-Nov) and i haven't even read through the handbook once. I'm starting to feel a wee bit of pressure now.


Since young, reading has always been my favourite pastime. After i started working, i'm left with lesser leisure time for personal pursuits, but i still consider reading as my No. 1 hobby.

I read a wide genre of books, from classics to comics, in both English and Chinese. Whenever i go to a mall, i'll definitely drop by a book store to check out the latest release. I hardly spend money on chasing the latest fashion, but i wouldn't hesitate to spend hundred of dollars on books that i like. Why waste money on fads when it can be more well-spent on timeless things like literature? Anyway, i look good in t-shirts and jeans, which is a timeless style as well.  

The Sunday spree was a satisfying one, not only because of the cheese Fondue dinner, but also because of this:

Shopping bag from Kinokuniya book store


which cost me SGD111.13.



These were the books i bought:

Peanuts Guide To Life by Charles M. Schulz (SGD24.10)

The Private Me by Jimmy, 履历表 -- 几米 (SGD11.81)

Lost Paradise by Jimmy, 失乐园 -- 几米 (SGD94.02 @ 20% discount)


Ok, i know it seems rather silly to spend so much on comics, but i simply love Jimmy's drawings and i'm a diehard fan of Peanuts comic strips. These are no kiddy comics; the drawings are superb and the philosophies are truely profound if one can read beneath the surface. I guess i'll write about them in another post since i've not read them yet.

I have other books awaiting for me. I was reading this half-way through:

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom


And i have yet to start on this:

一个人的圣经 -- 高行健 ("Yi Ge Ren De Sheng Jing" by Gao Xing Jian, the first Chinese Nobel Prize Laureate in Literature)


I'll have to cut down my time online and get back to my daily reading habit. But from now till next Wednesday, i'll not be touching any of those books as i'm reading this instead:

Basic Theory of Driving, The Official Handbook (6th Edition)


Oh darn!  

I have become a stalker in quite a many sites..... and now I am becoming one here..... especially when I am always the first to comment... hahahaha....

I have read the Mitch Albom book.... I love it.... try to get the other one by him, Tuesdays with Morrie

Then i guess i'm a stalker to yours, albeit a silent one. :P

Yes, this is the first time i read Albom's book and i just fell in love with his writing. I do have intention to get his first book... but after i've finished the others books first lah! So many lining up already...

哈哈 u r funny

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, November 15, 2005 @ 3:41 am: Caltex Neighbourhood Rewards
Sunday, November 13, 2005 @ 9:01 pm: Mmmm, Swiss Fondue...
Friday, November 11, 2005 @ 10:41 pm: We are different, just like everyone else
Friday, November 11, 2005 @ 5:51 pm: Consultants... don't you just love 'em?!
Thursday, November 10, 2005 @ 3:37 am: Snooker U
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 @ 4:28 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Monday, November 07, 2005 @ 8:29 pm: I hate long weekends
Sunday, November 06, 2005 @ 8:26 pm: Condemned for good deeds
Friday, November 04, 2005 @ 6:34 pm: My thoughts on the talk show
Thursday, November 03, 2005 @ 5:15 am: Transcript of talk show about bloggers' responsibi...