I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Last day at work

Finally, it's over.

An end and a new beginning. I feel happy.

A colleague who was one of the reasons for my departure gave me a few packs of potato chips as farewell gifts. She knows that i like junk food. I was embarrassed to receive the gifts because i've never really thought of her and i as friends but merely colleagues. I also didn't get anything specifically for her. I just went around distributing chocolates to some colleagues as my parting gifts.

My boss had something for me too, a chocolate cake, which i don't eat (i like chocolate but i don't take anything in chocolate flavour). Just so happened that today was also the birthday of one of my colleagues, so the cake served two purposes.

At around 5pm, i cleared up all my stuff and did the exit interview with my boss, or rather, ex-boss. The so-called interview was actually just the formality of filling up some forms and returning the access card. After everything was done, he once again gave me the sad and sincere look, which made me feel sad too (gee, he's really good at it, doesn't he?!)

He said it was great having me in his team and i had been a star. I replied that he had been a good boss, but unfortunately just having a good boss was never enough in a career. We then chatted for a while and i told him where i'm heading to when he asked. Since it was my last day with the company, i don't see anything wrong in telling him the name of my next employer.

And with that, we shook hands and wished each other well. I waved goodbye and had more handshakes with some colleagues on my way out.

So, finally, my one-year fire-fighting in the retail industry comes to an end. I wouldn't say it was great, but it was definitely an unforgettable experience.

Anyway, i'll have 9 days of rest before starting the new job. 贝 and i are going to KL tomorrow for the Chinese book fair again. Even though i'm pretty broke this month, there's always money for books.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Friday, November 23, 2007 @ 3:41 pm: Counting down...
Friday, November 23, 2007 @ 3:30 pm: Fraud adjustment
Friday, November 23, 2007 @ 4:32 am: Yet another fraud
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 @ 8:17 pm: An email about work
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 @ 4:21 am: To a dejected friend
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 @ 3:11 am: It's a bizarre world
Thursday, November 15, 2007 @ 4:01 am: A new toy
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 @ 3:34 am: More on the credit card fraud
Monday, November 12, 2007 @ 10:11 pm: An expensive lesson
Friday, November 09, 2007 @ 3:22 am: Today