I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Chirstmas

I could hear the sound of firecrackers from afar. It almost gave me an illusion that it was New Year's time.

But not quite; there's still a week before the year comes to an end.

Those who know me enough should know that Christmas is my favourite festival. Even though i wasn't a Christian, i had always celebrated it with gifts exchange and Christmas Eve dinner... with my 贝. It has always been the day when i especially felt thankful for having someone who loved me dearly to be by my side.

This year, my favourite festive season has become a day filled with melancholy. There was a gift exchange during the company's Christmas lunch last week, but it was of course different from spending it with the loved one. There was no Christmas Eve dinner either, and i spent the night watching the TVB drama by myself.

In my heart, i know full well that there will be no 贝 ever again in my life to spend my favourite festival. This kind of thought simply tore my heart.

Yet, this year is also the year that i'm gonna celebrate Christmas day as a Christian. And despite losing the person i loved, i would still be thankful for being surrounded with the family and friends who love me so much in my life.

May everyone's heart be filled with gratefulness and love. Merry Christmas!

Labels:

in fact there's no merry Christmas for me either but yes I do wish a blessed Christmas! May you have a blessed Christmas too!

This time last year I was in the sky on my way from HKG to San Francisco...this year I'm alone well, not really a sister in Christ invited me over for dinner with her family. So, yes a blessed Christmas!

May God be with us and fill us with peace and blessings in our alone-ness and squeeze out the loniness.

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, December 23, 2009 @ 4:56 am: Should I?
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 @ 4:44 am: Winter solstice
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 @ 5:21 am: iPhone craze
Monday, December 21, 2009 @ 4:55 am: I spoke but not enough
Monday, December 21, 2009 @ 3:56 am: The past weekend
Saturday, December 19, 2009 @ 4:27 am: Not feeling well
Thursday, December 17, 2009 @ 5:22 am: Don't complain, speak up
Thursday, December 17, 2009 @ 4:57 am: Late nights
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 @ 5:05 am: Two-in-one to-buy
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 @ 4:57 am: Frustration abound