I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A birthday gift in advance

I've received an advance birthday gift from 贝:

A new mobile phone, Nokia 6101. The white one is mine.


There's still a month before my birthday so this is a really early gift. I guess there will be no birthday surprise for me this year.

贝 and i hardly celebrate my birthday together because it always falls on Chinese New Year time. 贝 would be back at his home town, Bukit Mertajam, for the festive season and i would be here in Johor Bahru. So this is one of the justifications for me to get my birthday gift in advance.

And since 贝 had gotten a fat bonus, he decided to change our mobile phones. We were using Panasonic and weren't too happy with the phones, so we picked Nokia this time. I have a thing about clamshell phone so Nokia 6101 was our choice. He picked the sassy black color and i chose the elegant white.

贝 has a colleague whose relative sells mobile phones and he always trades in the old phones with her for new ones. On the day we got the phones from her (which was before Christmas), we charged the new batteries at the same time. But then after his had been completely charged, mine just died on me -- the phone couldn't be switched on at all. Hmmm, i guess the QC at Nokia wasn't that good after all huh?!

We returned the malfunctioned phone to her and gotta wait for a few days before i could get a replacement because there wasn't any more stock for white color set. Anyway, i've finally gotten the new phone and am quite happy with it. Nokia mobile phone does have better functions than Panasonic. No wonder Nokia can continue to be the market leader in the mobile phones industry.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Monday, January 02, 2006 @ 4:58 am: New year's resolutions 2006
Sunday, January 01, 2006 @ 8:49 pm: Change of blog name
Saturday, December 31, 2005 @ 9:39 pm: Year 2005 in retrospect
Friday, December 30, 2005 @ 2:52 pm: I'm so fed up
Thursday, December 29, 2005 @ 2:40 pm: A belated Christmas gift
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 @ 2:37 pm: The amazing Chinese medicines
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 @ 3:11 am: My Christmas gift
Friday, December 23, 2005 @ 10:09 pm: Christmas carol: We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Friday, December 23, 2005 @ 4:46 am: Christmas carol: Jingle Bells
Thursday, December 22, 2005 @ 4:42 am: Christmas carol: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer