I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, April 24, 2006

What i did up north

I'm back in JB, and thus ended my holiday.

I turned into a pig when i was at Bukit Mertajam for the last three days. Uh huh, a pig that ate, slept, and watched Korean drama. We practically ate every 3 hours. While i couldn't resist the temptation of all the good food, an image of a weighing scale reading of 58KG kept appearing in my head. Boy oh boy, i was supposed to be losing weight, not gaining more.

Well, talking about all the food up north, we of course didn't miss the northern specialty of char kuey teow. We had it for supper on the first night, at a stall by the road side. 贝 thought it was nice but i didn't think it was that tasty. It might be because of the environment where we had the char kuey teow -- sitting in the dark corridor of shop lots, with mosquitoes biting your feet and swallows making noises in their nests under the roofs. Nothing could possible taste good when you kept worrying that the swallows would shit into your plates and you couldn't see what you were eating at all.

Other than being a pig, i had also got something else done. I went to see a Chinese orthopaedist, or rather, a bonesetter, for tui na (推拿). I sprained my left ring finger during golf practice about three weeks ago (don't ask, i also don't know how i did it). It was just a minor wrick and i didn't feel much pain except numbness when i woke up in the morning and mild pain when i clenched my fist. I didn't see a doctor for so long because i was waiting for my visit to Bukit Mertajam, when i would be taking time-off from my golf practice and could take the chance to allow my finger to heal. The bonesetter told me that the joint of my finger was slightly dislocated. He stretched my finger and massage the joint area with ointment. After the treatment, he told me to avoid water on my left hand until the next morning, so i bathed with one hand (don't ask, it wasn't easy) that evening. Anyway, he was good, as my finger is feeling fine now.

As for the Korean drama Jewel in the Palace, i gotta say that i now understand why it's so famous. I was hooked right after i watched the first episode. I'm watching episode 18 now and there's still a long way to go. So if my blog posting becomes infrequent, it must be because of the drawing power of Dae Jang Geum.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Friday, April 21, 2006 @ 3:46 am: A realization when up north
Thursday, April 20, 2006 @ 2:29 am: An early long weekend
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 @ 3:32 am: Late for work
Monday, April 17, 2006 @ 5:33 pm: My thoughts on the cases of Fusarium keratitis
Thursday, April 13, 2006 @ 8:24 pm: My thoughts on the crooked bridge
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 @ 3:18 am: Goodbye, dear camera
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 @ 2:23 am: It has to be the driver, not the passenger
Sunday, April 09, 2006 @ 10:42 pm: Of golfing and relationships
Thursday, April 06, 2006 @ 1:44 pm: MEME: 100 Things About Me
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 @ 12:45 pm: Asian Badminton Championship 2006