I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Fagged out by commuting

贝 will be on leave for the rest of the week. How envious i am of him to have six days of rest at home, or rather five days, since his colleague has invited him to a game of golf in Singapore tomorrow and he would be going in to Singapore with me as usual.

I think the daily travelling is taking its toll on me, even though this is only the second week we've relocated. I feel exhausted every day. After dropping off 贝 at Jurong Point, i gotta drive 40 minutes to reach my office. There's traffic congestion at TPE every morning and to be caught in traffic jam consumes lots of energy because it requires concentration, something that i have trouble squeezing out when i'm still half-asleep. Seriously, i gotta pinch myself sometimes to keep myself awake. Ya, ya, i do know how dangerous it is to drive in such manner, but what can i do really?!

My colleagues asked me why i don't consider renting a place in Singapore instead of commuting so far. Well, 贝 and i had stayed in Singapore before, and i don't think we enjoyed the life then. We gotta think about what to have for dinner everyday, and eating out everyday isn't healthy too. Then on Friday night, we gotta rush back to JB, and on Sunday afternoon back to Singapore. We only had Saturday to really have a good rest. Staying in Singapore isn't really cheap either, and definitely not as comfy as staying at home. You know, my own home (strictly speaking, it's my mom's home lah), mom's cooking, Astro, free of doing house chores, no rushing on Friday and Sunday... all these for the price of longer commuting hours. I think it's worth it.

Of course, i still gotta tackle the problem of my weariness. And the solution? Go to bed earlier loh. Erm... such as now.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Monday, January 22, 2007 @ 4:26 am: Extra money
Thursday, January 18, 2007 @ 4:15 am: A senseless boring trivia
Wednesday, January 17, 2007 @ 3:16 am: Not gelling well
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 @ 3:31 am: A quick update
Monday, January 15, 2007 @ 3:52 am: A new work place tomorrow
Friday, January 12, 2007 @ 3:52 am: Moving tomorrow
Thursday, January 11, 2007 @ 3:21 am: Interesting news i heard on radio
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 @ 3:20 am: A book i read
Monday, January 08, 2007 @ 3:18 am: Singapore is a small country
Saturday, January 06, 2007 @ 3:01 am: Disappointed users and boss