I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm not a Singaporean

During lunch time, my colleagues were talking about the recent cases of mismanagement of funds in non-profit organizations. Then one of them asked me if we have such cases in Malaysia too. I told her that i believe there are but most wouldn't be exposed since the people governing our country are corrupted themselves.

I don't enjoy bashing my own country in front of people of another country, especially one whose government always makes use of its media to perpetuate the perception of how lousy Malaysia is as compared to them. I was actually merely stating a problem that everyone knows but no one has a final solution to it.

I'm never ashamed to let my colleagues know that i'm a Malaysian. Many of them were surprised and said that they thought i'm a Singaporean. I seriously don't consider that as a compliment at all. I'm not sure why they thought so. I don't carry an air of Singaporean with me, or at least i don't think so. Hope it's not because i've unknowingly picked up the behaviours of Singaporeans; i wouldn't wanna be regarded as one, especially when i'm in JB.

Ok, i shouldn't make it sounds like i hate Singapore. I don't. Singapore is a country with many good points that Malaysia lacks, and there's of course a lot of bad points too that i simply abhor. In fact, there are good and bad to all nations; there's no utopia, well, at least not in the real world. So, despite their goodness and all our problems, i would still rather to be a Malaysian, but earning SGD of course.

Labels: , , ,

I think the checkpoint is ready to impose the RM20 entry fee for foreign vehicles entering JB from Singapore. Pay attention to ? strange looking card reader thing installed at the officer's booth.

If you are driving a Sg registered car, be ready to pay more than RM400 a month...

Ya, i heard about it too on my way home today. What a terrible news to me. :(

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, January 23, 2007 @ 4:06 am: Fagged out by commuting
Monday, January 22, 2007 @ 4:26 am: Extra money
Thursday, January 18, 2007 @ 4:15 am: A senseless boring trivia
Wednesday, January 17, 2007 @ 3:16 am: Not gelling well
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 @ 3:31 am: A quick update
Monday, January 15, 2007 @ 3:52 am: A new work place tomorrow
Friday, January 12, 2007 @ 3:52 am: Moving tomorrow
Thursday, January 11, 2007 @ 3:21 am: Interesting news i heard on radio
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 @ 3:20 am: A book i read
Monday, January 08, 2007 @ 3:18 am: Singapore is a small country