I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Going on business trip

This afternoon, my boss asked me if it'd be ok for me to go to KL. He told me that the new system implementation for Malaysia was a total mess and the situation has gotten so bad that they even considered going back to the old system. He needed someone to be there to straighten things out and i'm the best choice since i'm the one with the best knowledge of the system. I kinda wondered what the hell were the consultants doing there.

(Malaysia used to be a separate entity from us even though we were under the same UK parent company. Now that an investor is going to buy over our group of companies in the region, we are gonna be all under the same roof again. It was rumoured that we may become the regional HQ and hence probably need to provide IT support for the region in the future.)

I'm not sure what i can do to help them out when our side here is also facing problems after problems. If the situation there was really that bad, i'm not sure if i could create a miracle at all. I don't like being put in the role of a saviour. It would be really stressful if i cannot achieve what they've expected of me.

Anyway, he gave me a really short notice on the trip. He will be going with me to KL on Thursday and we'll return on Friday. Then i'll be leaving again on next Monday and stay there for the whole of next week. Hopefully i could at least help to make things better within a week time so that i don't have to travel there again. There are much to be done here that affects my KPIs and i really can't afford to divert my time and energy to solving other people's problems.

Labels:

Hope you have a good trip and manage to solve their main problem... I suppose the important thing is to identify the main problem and to tackle it... well... I wont be surprised if the result is ... the head of IT at the other end is not doing their work!!!

Well, in fact, the head of IT dpt has left for good. Hope it's not because of the new system.

Anyway, thanks for your well wishes. :)

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, June 26, 2007 @ 3:25 am: Monday blues
Sunday, June 24, 2007 @ 4:51 am: Despair
Sunday, June 24, 2007 @ 2:55 am: Frustration at work
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 @ 3:28 am: Tiring
Thursday, June 14, 2007 @ 8:19 pm: Long weekend
Thursday, June 14, 2007 @ 7:46 pm: Two years (and two days) old
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 @ 3:25 am: Disgusting
Monday, June 11, 2007 @ 6:04 pm: A rant from last week
Friday, June 08, 2007 @ 3:10 am: Men
Thursday, June 07, 2007 @ 2:37 am: Busy at work