I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Long weekend

I'm on half-day leave today. No, to be exact, i left the office at around 2pm with the reason of not feeling too well.

I am not feeling too well, you know. I'm feeling tired physically and feeling sianz at work. I really need a good rest, especially for the following days because we are expecting some important guests from the north.

Uh huh, i'll be on leave tomorrow and next Monday, but it probably means that i'd be more tired when i get back to work on Tuesday after taking 贝's family around Singapore over the weekend.

贝 has planned up their itinerary, and to me the killer is definitely the family meeting. My mom is gonna join us for dinner in Singapore on Sunday night and this will be the very first time the two families meeting formally.

And no, in case you are wondering, i'm NOT getting married. I had actually rejected the idea of my mom meeting 贝's family because i didn't want to give the impression that this meeting is to discuss about marriage. We've no intention to tie the knot yet, well, at least not this year.

Oh please spare me all the talk about i'm no longer young and we've been together for so long, yadda yadda yadda. I know how old i am. I know how long 贝 and i have been together. So? Is it against the law if i'm over 30 years old and in a long-term relationship but still not married? Did anyone die or what? Geesh!

Ok, sorry if i sounded so defensive. That's how one would react when you are being asked the question once too many times.

Hmm, i'm supposed to be resting but the time is too late now. I'm at my place in Singapore now and will have to leave at around 5pm. Gotta pick up some letters from my uncle's at Woodlands, and then proceed to Boon Lay to pick up 贝 and return to JB.

Oh boy, it's gonna be a busy long weekend ahead.

Labels: ,

Yah you should really rest. Maybe you should read the short story: When Sysadmins Ruled The Earth.

The writer just won award for it, again. http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/boingboing/iBag/~3/125580522/when_sysadmins_ruled.html

Share your cogitation



Thursday, June 14, 2007 @ 7:46 pm: Two years (and two days) old
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 @ 3:25 am: Disgusting
Monday, June 11, 2007 @ 6:04 pm: A rant from last week
Friday, June 08, 2007 @ 3:10 am: Men
Thursday, June 07, 2007 @ 2:37 am: Busy at work
Monday, June 04, 2007 @ 2:33 am: The past weekend
Friday, June 01, 2007 @ 2:50 am: An unproductive day
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 @ 3:45 am: Misunderstanding
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 @ 3:09 am: It's a success, i think
Monday, May 28, 2007 @ 2:31 am: The past weekend