I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Credit card fraud

贝 detected a doubtful transaction on my credit card statement today. Someone spent SGD300+ (after conversion from Taiwan Dollar) last Friday, which is the day i was away on course. 贝 called the bank and reported the fraud. The bank suspended my card but needed 50 days for investigation, which means that i'll have to pay for the amount first and have my fingers crossed.

I'm not sure if there are more such fraudulent transactions until a few days later when the transactions from a few days back are listed into the statement. This credit card was newly issued and i've only used it for less than three months. I've not done many transactions with it, so i really can't figure out how this could possibly happen.

My colleague told me that there had been cases when this bank charged the amount to wrong accounts. I'm hoping that this is the reason for my case and not really because of credit card fraud. I hate to think that the bank doesn't agree to write off this amount and i gotta bear the cost. If such dispute really happens, then we are gonna cancel the credit card and not do business with this bank anymore.

Now it's the chance for us to evaluate their service.

Labels:

it was abt RM300+ not SGD, and it needs 60 days for investigation... not 50.....
-_-|||

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, August 29, 2007 @ 2:25 am: Fish in pond
Monday, August 27, 2007 @ 1:47 am: Looking out for a career
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 @ 3:06 am: Going on course
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 @ 3:14 am: The past weekend
Sunday, August 19, 2007 @ 3:16 am: Another treasure hunt
Friday, August 17, 2007 @ 2:56 am: Postal code in Singapore
Thursday, August 16, 2007 @ 2:52 am: Dad
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 @ 2:48 am: Still in bad mood
Monday, August 13, 2007 @ 2:22 am: The past week
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 @ 3:01 am: Alone