I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, October 05, 2007

Good news

Whenever i have a post with this title, it means i got a new job.

Uh huh, i've gotten the offer today. Yay!

In less than 24 hours time and the HR lady contacted me again. Since i was still on course today and was in the city area, i dropped by her office again in the evening to discuss further about the opportunity. She didn't make any negotiation on my requested pay and just made the offer there and then. I was a bit hesitant and told her that i'd give her a reply latest by tomorrow.

Frankly, i can't believe that the company is willing to wait 2 months for me. So i guess i'm really the one they are looking for, or at least i hope so. I'm not sure why i didn't sign the appointment letter on the spot, since i was already there. After all, the choice seems obvious.

They are gonna pay me what i asked for, which is about 10% increase from my current pay.

It's a huge MNC -- how huge? Well, it's one of the companies included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and its share price at the London Stock Exchange is more than 170p. Ya, it's a UK MNC, and the Singapore office is the Asia Pacific HQ.

And the job scope seems to be something i really wanna do, and it's gonna have extensive travelling to different countries for system implementation.

So what else do i want really?

Perhaps it was too fast and too easy this time round, so i was kinda shocked and needed time to think it through. Really, i've only sent out about 4 application letters so far, and this was the first job interview i went to. Who'd have thought that i would get the job just like that. This proves that the job market being very good now is not just a rumour. Oh, it also proves that me having 100% success rate in job interview is also not a rumour too.

Anyway, tomorrow is gonna be a day i dreaded. I'll have to drop the bomb on my boss, just when he's already under fire recently due to the many problems with the system. This is what's killing me -- my conscience. My boss has been rather good to me and i feel really bad to leave the team in a lurch at a time like this. But then, in the cruel corporate world, it's every man for himself, or every woman for herself for that matter.

Hope i can get through it tomorrow.

Labels:

Congratulation!
U r good, that's y no need to worry lah! All ur ex-co don't hesitate to wait for u, or even go thru some trouble to get u into their firm.
100% success rate in interview, how envy! :D
Wish u all the best.

CONGRATS! How envy, wow 100% success rate! slurp slurp! must be really yummy! But I've to say that you are decisive this time. Perhaps that's you when it comes to your career. LF

Thanks gal.

Aiya, the 100% success rate is just an exaggeration lah... the actual rate is not so high, maybe 90%... :P

Share your cogitation



Thursday, October 04, 2007 @ 4:01 am: The job interview today
Wednesday, October 03, 2007 @ 2:46 am: On course again
Monday, October 01, 2007 @ 2:29 am: Updates
Monday, October 01, 2007 @ 2:21 am: I'm ITIL certified!
Thursday, September 27, 2007 @ 3:31 am: A private space
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 @ 3:09 am: Piggy doggie
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 @ 3:29 am: A pact
Monday, September 24, 2007 @ 1:28 am: Gaining weight
Saturday, September 22, 2007 @ 5:31 pm: Long weekend
Wednesday, September 19, 2007 @ 2:41 am: We are going to Bangkok next year