I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Working hard

Spent the previous weekend working at home for most of the time. Completed the translations of all the 4k+ terms on Saturday. I'm hoping to see the Chinese system within these few days. That ought to give me some sense of achievement for all the hard work i've put in. I so need something to give me a boost.

Last night, had intended to blog after finish up my work, but then realized that you can always complete a task but can never finish your work. Indeed, i worked till 12am last night and still have pile of work awaiting me.

So today, i decided to blog first before starting any of my work. Uh huh, i'll still have to work later, probably till 12am again. A system trainer from the UK HQ is here to train us on the system setup, and i'm stuck in the training and meetings all day for the whole of the week. There isn't any time for me to do my work during office hours, but whatever that gotta be done still gotta be done on time. So, i've been spending time after office hour to do the job at home.

Hmm, with the rate i'm going, i think i'm turning into my friend YM very soon. She's the most hardworking and work-dedicated person i've ever met so far. While we've been telling her to take it easy, i'm now becoming a workhorse myself. The same is happening to another friend Carol too.

Sigh, like it or not, as we grow older, working time increases while personal time decreases. That's life i guess.

On an unrelated note, i've removed the two X'mas edition bearistas from my desk and replaced with the CNY edition, a gift from 貝 again.



Labels: ,

Eh!! I thot should be the other way round?
When we were young, we work hard, cause we r inexperience, the old people said - do more, learn more.
When we r getting older/senior, we should let the junior work hard, and we work smart lor!

Sui, that only happens when you get REALLY senior.

I'm old, yet not old enough to enjoy the benefit of having others working hard for me. So i still gotta work hard for other people.

Share your cogitation



Saturday, January 12, 2008 @ 5:27 am: Low down
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 @ 4:21 am: Still busy
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 @ 4:35 am: Busy
Friday, January 04, 2008 @ 4:17 am: Trip cancelled
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 @ 3:47 am: New year's resolutions 2008
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 @ 4:54 am: Year 2007 in retrospect
Monday, December 31, 2007 @ 4:42 am: A long weekend
Thursday, December 27, 2007 @ 2:36 am: Back to office
Tuesday, December 25, 2007 @ 8:28 pm: A very Merry Christmas
Monday, December 24, 2007 @ 4:56 am: Back at home