I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Going to KL

Work is getting busier each day after the promotion. There are projects after projects, and we are very much short-handed.

Big boss has started dumping work on me for the new job scope, but i'm still handling the work from my old job scope. It is gradually getting harder to cope if i do not wanna spend after-working hours and weekends working. I really hope to maintain a work-life balance as much as possible, but it's really getting tougher.

Anyway, the good news is that the new person (to be based in KL) who is supposed to take over my work will finally report to work this Thursday. I will have to train and guide her to bring her up to speed as soon as possible.

For that, i am going to KL tomorrow. Big boss wanted me to carry out a "field study" of the financial operation in Malaysia, which is supposedly the best practice and to be replicated to the other countries in the region.

Then for the following two days, i'll be with the new staff and also to conduct a few more interviews. We had at least eight vacancies to be filled up, of which three will be under my care.

The recruitment process is slow and painful. I was told that there weren't a lot of applicants, which had me wondering if the job market in Malaysia is really so good that the work is aplenty for job seekers to pick and choose.

I've actually done phone interviews with two candidates a few weeks back, and i found both not suitable. I'm beginning to wonder if my expectation is unrealistic.

But then, the persons i am about to choose will be the members of my team in the future, so good or bad, i'll be stuck with him/her. I'd of course hope to build up a dream team, but am not sure if i can ever get anyone who's good enough in my eyes, given my high expectation on people. Sometimes i think i really need to be more tolerant and forgiving. After all, i may not be a dream leader myself, so who am i to expect a dream team?

I'll be taking the earliest flight to KL tomorrow at 6.50am. So i guess i should go to bed now.  

Labels:

Sigh, it's really hard to get staff nowadays. Especially now year end, everybody would rather stay till recd bonus, wait till after CNY & see how lah!
As HR, sometimes no applicants may not be bad things. I got tons of applicants wrote in, have to spent lots of time to go thru their resume, end up not many suit our requirements. wonder did they read the requirement or not, they think I'll employ a/c clerk to do lab job?????
Then some agreed to come for interview but never turn up, bad attitude. So, many not necessary good :p

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, October 07, 2008 @ 4:57 am: Random updates
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 @ 4:07 am: On medical leave
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 @ 4:05 am: A good friend's wedding
Thursday, September 25, 2008 @ 2:32 am: Temporarily richer
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 @ 3:25 am: Halloween bearistas
Monday, September 22, 2008 @ 3:17 am: The past week
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 @ 3:26 am: Alone
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 @ 3:23 am: Another marriage solemnization
Saturday, September 13, 2008 @ 9:42 pm: Speechlessly despair
Friday, September 12, 2008 @ 3:46 am: An amusing wedding picture