I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, July 31, 2009

Self quarantine

I think i've overlooked a very important factor before renting the new room in SG, which in turn causes inconvenience to myself.

As there are two little girls in the house, it'd be advisable for me to do self-quarantine for a week, just to be safe.

Furthermore, my aunt mentioned to me that the schools in SG require the students to inform them beforehand about anyone in the house who is travelling overseas, especially to H1N1 infected countries such as the USA. I wouldn't want to create trouble for the landlady and her kids.

Little boss was tested positive for H1N1 just a few weeks back when he returned to KL from Thailand. He got the fever only on the third day after his return, and he had been to the KL office since his return. Fortunately no one got the virus from him, not even his wife and little baby daughter. Little boss suspected that he might have gotten the virus on the plane.

I definitely would not want similar thing happening to me, so i wrote an email to big boss yesterday asking him if it's ok for me to work from JB home for a week. He approved it but then asked me if i'm gonna do this for each and every trip.

He has a valid point. He can't be granting me working from home for a week everytime after i return from a business trip, since we travel a lot on our job. Yet, i can't possibly go back to the rented place out of consideration for the landlady's family. Then i can't go stay at my SG uncle's place either because grandma is sick and i wouldn't want to pass the virus to her should i really contracted it. This means that i do not have a place to stay in SG.

Uh huh, i've already said before -- i'm basically homeless. How pathetic.

This time round, i got the special permission from big boss to work from home in JB, but i gotta figure out a way for my future trips.

I'm really at my wit's end.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Friday, July 31, 2009 @ 2:42 pm: Democracy
Friday, July 31, 2009 @ 3:06 am: I am cute!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 @ 1:56 pm: Pet Society
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 @ 1:50 pm: Reading - Day 6
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 @ 11:29 am: Still melancholy actually
Monday, July 27, 2009 @ 12:23 pm: Back at Reading
Sunday, July 26, 2009 @ 3:42 pm: At Washington
Saturday, July 25, 2009 @ 1:56 pm: Friday night
Friday, July 24, 2009 @ 1:57 pm: Reading - Day 5 (II)
Thursday, July 23, 2009 @ 3:47 pm: Back late