I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, November 20, 2009

Not highly ambitious

It's almost mid-night, and i'm contemplating if i should just go to bed or to switch on my company laptop to work for a while. I wonder if i'm becoming a workaholic soon.

Work is piling up and yet more are being dumped on me each day. Just today after office hour, i casually told big boss that i wouldn't mind he hiring another experienced project manager to head our section and be put on top of me. He said that will depend on how our projects go for the next few months.

I had a conference call with that UK lady today, and during our conversation she talked about how i should take this as an opportunity in my career since we are given the task to implement the systems around the world. I told her that i am not a person with high ambition and i am contented to stay within APAC. She said she was surprised to know that, as she thought i am an ambitious lady, looking at how i work and speak. I told her that that is because i am a perfectionist and will always perform any tasks given to me to the perfection. This often gives people the wrong impression that i am being aggressive or ambitious, but in fact all i am doing is just to get the job done correctly, that's all.

Anyway, whether they believe it or not, that is indeed me. I do not wanna be high up in any post. I just want to earn a decent income and then still have the personal time to enjoy what i love. Really, it may be great to be high up in post and get a fat paycheck, but often it is at the expense of personal time, or health even. I wouldn't want that really; that makes life meaningless.

Ok, so i guess the option is clear for me tonight. I ought to go to bed now and leave the work to tomorrow morning.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Thursday, November 19, 2009 @ 5:06 am: Back late
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 @ 5:29 am: Busy
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 @ 4:46 am: The coming weeks
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 @ 4:07 am: Noisy funeral
Monday, November 16, 2009 @ 4:13 am: Finally done
Sunday, November 15, 2009 @ 6:55 am: Pet Society: Halloween Lolly
Saturday, November 14, 2009 @ 5:37 am: Finally
Friday, November 13, 2009 @ 6:37 am: Pissed
Friday, November 13, 2009 @ 3:57 am: Working late night
Thursday, November 12, 2009 @ 5:41 am: Tired