I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hair rebonding

I've been having bad hair day EVERYDAY, and it annoys me so much.

I used to have nice straight hair, even though it's fine and limp like a baby's hair. In recent years, my hair got really dry and frizzy. It was so bad that sometimes it feels as if i've not combed my hair at all. I have tried all kinds of conditioner and treatment oil but it didn't help at all. So today, i decided to fix it -- with rebonding (the second time in my life so far).

Uh huh, now i got my smooth straight hair again. Woohoo!

Yeah yeah, i know rebonding is harmful to the hair, and the chemical even dries up the hair or causes hair fall. Some may even wonder why a person with already thin hair would wanna rebond the hair to make it even flatter.

Well, the chemical was not applied to the root; it was applied about 2 inches away from the root and for a comparatively shorter time. I also did hair treatment after the rebonding, and that ought to somewhat reduce the harmful effect.

Anyway, according to the hair stylist, the dryness was caused by over blow-drying my hair. He told me to blow dry it with the hairdryer in a distance from the hair and make it half-dry will do. I have been doing it with the hairdryer too close to the hair while combing it at the same time. Since i have baby fine hair, this causes the hair to break and burnt the ends, which in turn made the broken hair dried and curled up and hence the frizzy look.

Now, with the rebonding, the frizziness was fixed. And i gotta change my habit of drying my hair with the hairdryer too close to my hair. I gotta do hair treatment regularly on my own or once per month at the salon. Then slowly, the new grown hair will be back to normal and no longer be so frizzy anymore.

So there, one thing achieved before going into a new year -- to look good, so that i will feel good too.

Uh huh, that's vanity for you.

Labels:

haha! leopard never change its spots lah!
especially ppl like us, sooo impatient, will turn on hair dryer full speed in order to go to bed earlier.
so my hair dryer is always at "normal", totally ignore the "healthy" function. sigh~~~

Exactly, the hair stylist also asked me if it was because i want my hair to dry faster and hence blow dry it so close to my hair (i wash hair in the morning before going to work). He said i should give myself more time to dry the hair in a "healthier" way, which means that i should wake up earlier. But then, lazy leh... gotta sleep till the very last minute...

This is precisely the saying, "there is no ugly woman but only lazy woman"!

Share your cogitation



Thursday, December 31, 2009 @ 3:58 am: These two days
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 @ 5:51 am: The past weekend and this week
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 @ 4:35 am: Pet Society: Cup cake tree
Saturday, December 26, 2009 @ 4:57 am: My Christmas day
Friday, December 25, 2009 @ 5:00 am: Merry Chirstmas
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 @ 4:56 am: Should I?
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 @ 4:44 am: Winter solstice
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 @ 5:21 am: iPhone craze
Monday, December 21, 2009 @ 4:55 am: I spoke but not enough
Monday, December 21, 2009 @ 3:56 am: The past weekend