I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, July 16, 2010

Monday's dinner

The farewell dinner on Monday night ended around 10pm. Well, it didn't exactly end but a few of us left first while the big shots were still ordering more red wine. I was there for the food anyway, so I couldn't wait to leave after the dinner.

The exact venue of the dinner was Barracks Cafe, The House @ Dempsey Hill. My Singaporean colleagues told me that this restaurant was transformed from a former army camp, which could dated back to WWII. I then jokingly said that there must be ghosts around there because anything from the WWII should be haunted.

The food was ok even though all dishes were in small serving. We were joking about how the food gotta be served in small portion otherwise it wouldn't be called fine dining. The serving was ok for me since I take light dinner, but it wasn't filling for the guys.

Here are some pictures taken with my iPhone:

The function room


Nice decor outside of the restaurant




Menu for the night


Cocktail before the meal - very nice fruit juice with minty taste


Salad: Baked brie with fruit relish served with bread basket - this is nice except the salad sauce was a bit too sour for my liking


Soup: White bean cappuccino with duck meat. Dollop of herb oil served with crispy garlic crostini - there wasn't really any taste of coffee, and it was too creamy that i only finished half the bowl


Main course: Slow baked marinated morocco spiced baby boneless chicken with roasted broccolini, wild berries cornpote paired with blood orange yoghurt - the chicken was nicely done, but the serving was small


Dessert: Triple chocolate brownie - i didn't eat it at all, as i do not like anything of chocolaty flavour (but i like chocolate itself)

Labels:

er, the big shot belanja? the place has nice view anyway :)

Haha! All the dishes look nice.
Now I understand why male wouldn't feel full.
The soup have to be creamy, so that can made you feel full what! ^-^

The food doesn't look nice to me. There were many such restaurant with lousy food, service and ambiance, yet charge fine dining price. Haiz.

Share your cogitation



Monday, July 12, 2010 @ 11:37 pm: Dinner
Monday, July 12, 2010 @ 1:23 pm: End of the mania
Monday, July 12, 2010 @ 3:47 am: A song with some random thoughts
Friday, July 09, 2010 @ 1:25 pm: Mobile blogging
Friday, July 09, 2010 @ 1:23 pm: TGIF
Thursday, July 08, 2010 @ 1:48 am: Unwell
Wednesday, July 07, 2010 @ 3:57 am: Commotion just now
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 @ 3:46 pm: Under A Vast Sky
Monday, July 05, 2010 @ 4:43 am: Vanity watch
Monday, July 05, 2010 @ 3:31 am: My theme song 123