I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Is that a gun in my car?

My boss broke a shocking news to me yesterday -- he is leaving the company next Friday. The news came so unexpectedly that i didn't know how to react. With the uncertainty in the company right now, i couldn't determine if i should consider his resignation as a good news or bad news. The strange thing was that once i was informed of his impending departure, he appeared to be less hateful all of the sudden. It's just amazing how human nature works.


Every morning when 贝 and i drove to work, we would have to go through the custom checking at the S'pore checkpoint. We usually don't bring anything with us except my bag and his laptop, so we normally can clear the custom checking rather smoothly. Most of the time, the custom officer would just look at the car boot and spare tyre compartment. In some occasion when we go to the inspection lane with a guai lan strict officer, the checking may be more rigorous. The officer would ask us to open up the bags and glove compartment for his inspection.

This morning, as usual, we didn't bring anything extra with us in the car. At the checkpoint, i got down the car to open the car boot for the custom officer. However, he just stood beside my car looking into the window of the back seat and then asked me to open the door to the back seat. I thought he was just another strict officer who wanted to check the laptop bag that was placed on the back seat. I opened the door and intended to reach for the bag, but he just bent over for a while without asking us to open the bag. He then said ok and proceeded to the car boot. I was quite puzzled at his behaviour until he asked me, "that is a car lock right?" That was when i finally realized what he was looking at.

This is the steering wheel lock placed on the floorboard of the back seat of my car:



I think he may have mistakenly thought of it as this:



He sure had a good imagination.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Monday, July 25, 2005 @ 7:57 pm: Some mistakes are just so expensive
Sunday, July 24, 2005 @ 11:23 pm: Lost and found
Sunday, July 24, 2005 @ 3:52 am: 43-minute customer service
Friday, July 22, 2005 @ 2:33 am: One of those days...
Friday, July 22, 2005 @ 2:32 am: Journey to the East (东游记)-- Part III
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 @ 3:41 am: Journey to the East (东游记) -- Part II
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 @ 3:12 am: Journey to the East (东游记) -- Part I
Saturday, July 16, 2005 @ 2:05 am: Scold you until smelly head
Friday, July 15, 2005 @ 2:36 am: My blog sucks in Firefox
Thursday, July 14, 2005 @ 2:24 am: The no. 2 salesman in Singapore