I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, August 04, 2005

3G = Goof, Giggle, Grumble

I said goodbye to my stupid ass boss today. Before he left, he gave me a lecture on what should a successful IT professional do to advance in his career, as if he was qualified to tell me about it. I'm not sure what have i learnt from him over the past eight months, but he has sure showed me how a person without the right caliber could climb up the corporate ladder with bull-shitting and politicking skills. Perhaps those should have been the things for me to learn. What a pity that i didn't pick it up in time, so i guess i'm destined to be a small fly forever.


The same situation happened again. I wasn't able to connect to the Internet with Celcom 3G service. It was extremely frustrating, especially after we have gone through all the troubles and paid so much for the service. We subscribed to the Celcom 3G service to get a faster Internet connection; yet, what we got was a non-reliable connection instead. To make the matter worse, i was attended by a customer service lady who spoke bad English this time.

After following the SOP of checking my account status and transferring my call to the technical support department, i was again put on hold for quite a while. After about 15 minutes of waiting, the lady got back on to the line:
Customer service lady: "Er, sorry Miss, the technical department is busy. Only technical department can answer problem on 3G. Can you call back later?"

PinPin: "No, i would want to wait."

Customer service lady: "Ok, but you have to wait very long..."

PinPin: "I know. The last time i called, i waited for an hour."

Customer service lady: "Oh, so poor... *giggle*... because we have very little technical staff..."

PinPin: "Ya, i'll just wait. Thank you."

Customer service lady: "Ok, thank you for waiting."
If their 3G service would be down every 2 weeks and i need to call the customer service and then be put on hold for 43 minutes everytime, i'll not only be poor, i'll be broke.

Fortunately, when i hit the 21 minutes mark, the Internet connection miraculously resumed.



I could have continue waiting and ask for a reason for the unavailability of the service, but then it was already late and i needed to catch up on my blogging schedule. So i disconnected the call and logged on to the Web.

However, after about 20 minutes or so, the connection was down again and whatever that i've typed in my blog hadn't been saved! I was so fed-up but i didn't wanna call the customer service anymore. After about 5 minutes and just as i almost wanted to call it a day, the connection resumed again. Gosh, how annoying this could get?! Now i know why it's called 3G -- first their service Goofed up, then they Giggled at my predicament, and i was so pissed at this nerve-wracking experience that i Grumbled about it in my blog. So, Celcom 3G, anyone?

Labels: ,

I guess this is why maxis say that it will take 3 years for 3g to run full scale. They are using consumer money to test run their 3g technology.

Anyway....how is Maxis compare to Celcome?

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, August 03, 2005 @ 2:26 am: Things to do at work when you're stuck in a dead-e...
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 @ 2:57 am: Is home still a home if it's not safe?
Monday, August 01, 2005 @ 2:57 am: The sweetest thing in a relationship
Friday, July 29, 2005 @ 9:16 pm: My so-called life and blogging
Friday, July 29, 2005 @ 3:25 am: Driving in Singapore -- Part II
Thursday, July 28, 2005 @ 2:10 am: Lost luggage
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 @ 2:52 am: Is that a gun in my car?
Monday, July 25, 2005 @ 7:57 pm: Some mistakes are just so expensive
Sunday, July 24, 2005 @ 11:23 pm: Lost and found
Sunday, July 24, 2005 @ 3:52 am: 43-minute customer service