I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Friendlies (福娃)



Ooooh, i simply adore the five mascots of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, collectively known as the Friendlies (福娃, or Fu Wa). My favourite is Jingjing (晶晶) the panda. See these little athletes in various games. They are so cute... awwww...

I hope there's a way for me to get a figurine or T-shirt of the Friendlies from China. I can either ask some acquaintances in China to buy and send it to me, or visit Beijing personally.

I heard that the first batch of the Friendlies merchandise were sold off within days that they were released. There's such as huge population in Beijing so i guess anything that's popular will be difficult to get. I wouldn't be surprised too that some people might even buy a lot now as an "investment" for selling at a high price in the future.

Anyway, i'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of Olympic-related merchandise soon, especially pirated ones. So if we ever see some Friendlies merchandise in Malaysia, be sure to look at them carefully and not end up buying something like this:

source: Engrish.com


We sure don't wanna get something with the word "Fliendries" or 福蛙, do we?!  

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, December 07, 2005 @ 4:32 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 @ 4:40 am: Maybe it's political
Saturday, December 03, 2005 @ 4:24 am: The Pop Idol spin-offs shows in Singapore
Thursday, December 01, 2005 @ 10:27 pm: Flash games
Thursday, December 01, 2005 @ 2:32 am: Not pinging PPS
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 @ 5:02 pm: We accept mediocrity
Monday, November 28, 2005 @ 2:18 pm: I should be glad. I'm paid to do so.
Friday, November 25, 2005 @ 4:42 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Thursday, November 24, 2005 @ 4:27 am: And the result is...
Monday, November 21, 2005 @ 4:01 am: Taking time off from blogging