I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, December 08, 2005

How do i love thee? Let me count the ways.

I had wanted to write a love poem today but i wouldn't wanna embarrass myself in doing so since there's no way i can ever produce something as touching as this:

Sonnets from the Portuguese, #43

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, -- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! -- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.


This is a famous love poem written by the most respected poetess of the Victorian era, Elizabeth Barrett Browning. She wrote this romantic poem to express her love for her husband -- a love so deep that even death would not end but would strengthen it instead.

With my incompetence in poetic writing, i wouldn't wanna attempt to write a poem at all. So i'll rather do something different:

What do i love about thee? Let me count the ways

  1. I love thee for being caring, patient, neat, even-tempered, trustworthy, knowledgeable and level-headed.

  2. I love thee for always being optimistic about life and hopeful of our future.

  3. I love thee for making me laugh by playfully morphing your single eyelids into double eyelids.

  4. I love thee for patting and drumming my head with your fingers before sleep.

  5. I love thee for being the person you are and allowing me to be the person i am.

  6. I love thee for laughing with me when i'm happy, comforting me when i'm sad, putting up with my temper when i'm angry, taking care of me when i'm sick, and giving me support when i'm down.

  7. I love thee for respecting my friends and family.

  8. I love thee for telling me how pretty i am even though i am not.

  9. I love thee for loving me despite all my imperfections.

  10. I love thee for being born twenty-nine years ago on this day so that love could find me and my life would never be the same again.


     Happy birthday, 贝!

Labels:

贝, thanks for this special birthday blog for me. I really appreciate & value everyday we r together. Even we r in a stable relationship now doesn't mean that I love u less than this day 5 years ago.

Happy Anniversary !!!
**Kiss**

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, December 07, 2005 @ 9:35 pm: Friendlies (福娃)
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 @ 4:32 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 @ 4:40 am: Maybe it's political
Saturday, December 03, 2005 @ 4:24 am: The Pop Idol spin-offs shows in Singapore
Thursday, December 01, 2005 @ 10:27 pm: Flash games
Thursday, December 01, 2005 @ 2:32 am: Not pinging PPS
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 @ 5:02 pm: We accept mediocrity
Monday, November 28, 2005 @ 2:18 pm: I should be glad. I'm paid to do so.
Friday, November 25, 2005 @ 4:42 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Thursday, November 24, 2005 @ 4:27 am: And the result is...