I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Two possibilities, or maybe three

Lest i forget, i gotta remind myself over and over again that i'm a software person. Uh huh, i do system analysis and design; i do programming; i do system implementation; i do system documentation; i do user training. Yet, i found myself spending more time these days in providing hardware support than anything else.

I had given numerous indirect and direct feedback to the management that a replacement is needed for the IT guy who had left in January, but they just turned a deaf ear to my feedback. So i have been doing this "one leg kick" job for five months already.

This can only mean two things: either i've been doing such a darn good job that they think i can cope perfectly well, or they just don't give a shit about how i'm coping alone.

Oh wait, there's another possibility. It may be because the management is made up of a bunch of cheapskates who think it's a great saving to pay an employee to do the job of two persons while they get paid heftily for reading newspapers in their rooms and giving empty talks.

Well well well, if this is how it's gonna be, fine, i'm not gonna ask for the replacement again. I'm counting down my days anyway. If they are so naive to think that i've been sticking around because i love the company so much, then good luck to them. If i really can secure a new job by next month, then i'll just serve the obligated one-month notice without any possibility of extension, whether or not they can get a replacement in time. I've been honest enough not to hide my intention of moving onto another job when my contract ends, but they were the ones who seemed to be not taking it seriously.

This can only mean two things: either they think that i'm so lousy that there's no way i can get another job elsewhere, or they just don't plan ahead.

Oh wait, there's another possibility. It may be because they are a bunch of idiots who think that i'm using this as a tactic to bargain for better pay package.

Of course, if they are indeed willing to offer me something better, such as paying me handsomely for reading newspaper in my room and giving empty talks, i may consider staying and join their league.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, June 27, 2006 @ 2:49 am: Annoying colleagues
Monday, June 26, 2006 @ 2:41 am: Just for the record
Thursday, June 22, 2006 @ 1:02 pm: We're discourteous
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 @ 5:07 pm: Stitches removed
Monday, June 19, 2006 @ 5:58 pm: A sore loser
Saturday, June 17, 2006 @ 5:58 pm: Wisdom teeth removal
Friday, June 16, 2006 @ 8:17 pm: The fourth day
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 @ 10:15 pm: I'm sick of congee
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 10:38 pm: I'm back alive
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 3:06 pm: I'm nervous