I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Stitches removed

Finally, it's back to normal.

The stitches were removed yesterday, and the dentist said the operated gum was healing well. It hasn't healed completely, and the open sockets in the gum where the teeth were removed would gradually close up only after two or three weeks, but i could eat normally now.

I had this nauseous feeling after every meal since the operation. Initially i thought it was the soft food or the medication that were making me sick, but i still felt like throwing up even after i had started eating normal food and finished all the medicines. I was quite worried, so it was the first thing i highlighted to the dentist yesterday. She told me that it was the stitches that were making me nauseous because they were tickling the back of my tongue. Now that the stitches had been removed, let's see if i indeed feel better.

She prescribed me with another bottle of medicated mouthwash, which i would need to rinse my mouth with it after every meal to keep the operated gum clean. She also told me that i MUST brush the teeth near the extraction site after i told her that i've been avoiding brushing that area as i was afraid of rupturing the healing wound. She just said, "No, you must brush it. Do it gently. Just try." Ok, ok, i'll do it, even if it bleeds.

The removal of the stitches was almost painless, except the mild stinging sensation when the pointed scissor touched the gum. The procedure took less than five minutes and i was in and out of the dental clinic in just half-an-hour time. It was only 4.30pm so i went to the NTUC nearby to pass the time. I ended up buying quite some stuffs, among them were some junk food that i picked up as a treat to myself after one week of misery.

Erm, did i say some junk food? Ok, maybe it was a bit more than some.



I have a feeling that i'm gonna gain back the 1.5kg i lost, or maybe even more. Sigh, there goes my new year's resolutions.

Oh darn.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Monday, June 19, 2006 @ 5:58 pm: A sore loser
Saturday, June 17, 2006 @ 5:58 pm: Wisdom teeth removal
Friday, June 16, 2006 @ 8:17 pm: The fourth day
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 @ 10:15 pm: I'm sick of congee
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 10:38 pm: I'm back alive
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 3:06 pm: I'm nervous
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 1:16 pm: One year old
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 3:01 am: A rainy and boring Sunday
Friday, June 09, 2006 @ 1:56 pm: TGIF
Thursday, June 08, 2006 @ 1:39 am: How rumours spread