I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, June 12, 2006

One year old

My blog is 366 days old today. Wow, how time flies...

Excluding this post, i've churned out 255 pieces of craps during the past one year. That's pretty amazing, considering my reputation of having a short attention span and could hardly stick to a hobby for very long. Hobby, huh... i wonder if blogging should be considered as a hobby. If it is, then is it a healthy one? I don't really know.

When i first started blogging, in addition to my interest in writing, it was mainly out of boredom and curiosity as well. I was stuck with a beleaguered company, having a lot of time in hand. I was also very much troubled by my situation in life and needed an outlet for my feelings and emotions. Writing, or rather, blogging seemed to be the way.

And so it is indeed. I blogged about almost everything that happened in my life which i found interesting, frustrating, funny, sad... Through my blog, some of my dearest friends whom i couldn't see regularly got to know about my tidings. Through blogging, i've gotten to know some online friends whom i may never have the chance to know in real life. And through blogging, i've managed to keep some parts of the memories in this stage of my life for my reminiscences in the future.

I noticed that i've been writing in quite a random manner recently instead of focusing on single topic. In a way, i've returned to the very basic of blogging -- that i'm actually just writing an online diary and not essays. I'm engaging in more of a monologue than a conversation.

Yes, that's what it is, isn't it? Cogito ergo scribo -- i think, therefore i write. That's what in my head and that's what i write. Anyone who knows me in person would know that my mind always wonders and i would just jump from one topic to another. Anyone who knows me could tell that this is indeed me.

The traffic congestion at 2nd-Link, the constipation problem, the frustration with my family, the golfing, the travelling, the dead-end job, 贝, friends... Yes, it is all these nitty-gritties that make up my life. However trivial they may be, these are the everyday things that make me me.

And what i'm doing is merely blogging me.

Labels: ,

Happy blogging...... :)

I will be lurking around reading. Hehe.

Thanks.

And i'll be lurking around yours. ;)

Share your cogitation



Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 3:01 am: A rainy and boring Sunday
Friday, June 09, 2006 @ 1:56 pm: TGIF
Thursday, June 08, 2006 @ 1:39 am: How rumours spread
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 @ 5:47 pm: A visit to the dentist
Monday, June 05, 2006 @ 2:16 pm: The past weekend
Friday, June 02, 2006 @ 1:57 am: I'm troubled
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 @ 12:44 pm: Job hunting
Monday, May 29, 2006 @ 12:18 pm: The past weekend
Friday, May 26, 2006 @ 1:46 pm: Stupid income tax e-filing
Thursday, May 25, 2006 @ 1:07 am: My boyfriend is an X-Man