I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, June 12, 2006

A rainy and boring Sunday

I'm having a splitting headache again. I don't know why i often have headache on Sundays. At first, i thought it was because the weather on Sundays were always hot and the heat was getting to me, but it was raining the whole day today and yet i'm still having a headache. So the weather shouldn't be the culprit.

Perhaps sleeping too much was making me drowsy. I woke up at around noon time today, and then had a 3-hour afternoon nap. But then i didn't have so much sleep last weekend and i was having headache as well. Well, maybe my body is really particular about the amount of sleep i have. It can't be too little and it can't be too much. It must be just nice. You know, pretty much like having sex. Too little or too much will both make you sick. And no, i'm not hinting that my headache has anything to do with having too little or too much of sex... ok, i'm so not gonna write about my sex life here. So let's move on.

It's World Cup season now. I read something in the newspaper today about women are gonna be neglected by their boyfriends or husbands for the whole of this month. Well, i think the newspaper shouldn't have talked about it at all. I mean, c'mon, we all know that the guys are gonna eat football, drink football, talk football and dream football for the next couple of weeks. We don't need people telling us that and give the guys excuses for neglecting us. I could almost imagine this conversation between a couple:

Gal: You just talk about football with your friends all day now and don't care about me at all. You don't love me anymore...

Guy: Hey, c'mon, didn't you read this article in the newspaper? It IS the World Cup season now ok... ALL guys are gonna neglect their girlfriends. So bear with it till this is over.


Heh, but lucky me, 贝 isn't a football guy. He doesn't watch football matches at all. So he has absolutely no excuse at all for not paying attention to me.

Hmm, talk about football... i wonder why it's called football here but soccer in the western countries. I know calling it soccer is to distinguish it from the American football, then why did we call it football in the first place if there may be such confusion? Is it because it was played with the feet and thus the name football? Then how about the sports that are played with the hands?

Anyway, forget about the question. I'm just darn xian. I stayed at home the whole day doing nothing but eat and sleep (and having headache). Our final golf lesson today was postponed to next week because of the rain. We wouldn't mind being wet but we sure didn't want to put ourselves under the mercy of thunder and lightning. I had hoped that it wouldn't be so hot during our game, but i didn't wish that it would be raining. Let's just hope the weather next Sunday will be just nice.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Friday, June 09, 2006 @ 1:56 pm: TGIF
Thursday, June 08, 2006 @ 1:39 am: How rumours spread
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 @ 5:47 pm: A visit to the dentist
Monday, June 05, 2006 @ 2:16 pm: The past weekend
Friday, June 02, 2006 @ 1:57 am: I'm troubled
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 @ 12:44 pm: Job hunting
Monday, May 29, 2006 @ 12:18 pm: The past weekend
Friday, May 26, 2006 @ 1:46 pm: Stupid income tax e-filing
Thursday, May 25, 2006 @ 1:07 am: My boyfriend is an X-Man
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 @ 12:49 pm: A friend's wedding