I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'm sick of congee

I've been having headache since yesterday. Yes, again. I'm not sure if this headache has anything to do with the operation, but it's really making me quite sick that i can't look at the computer screen for too long, as it will make me sicker.

I've stopped taking the painkiller because i no longer feel the pain, even though my right cheek and jaw are now swollen and tender to touch. I also can't open my mouth too much, which basically means that i haven't been talking much and i can only eat soft food. Uh huh, that's what i've been having for these two days for all three meals -- congee, congee and congee. The thought of having congee again later for dinner is enough to make me puke.

In addition to the headache and tumid cheek, i'm also having gas in my stomach. No, not the kind of gas that exits through the anus, but the kind that feels like i have a bloated gastric and every belch threatens a full-blown vomit. I wonder if the nauseous feeling has anything to do with the blood that i've swallowed yesterday. *burp*

The bleeding didn't stop completely until today. On the night after the operation, i removed the gauze to take the medicine, and realized that the gauze was completely soaked with blood and i was still bleeding. After the medication, i placed a new piece of gauze at the extraction site and bit on it firmly for more than an hour. It didn't stop the bleeding completely, even though the blood was oozing out in lesser magnitude. I decided not to replace another gauze and let it bleed till the blood clot could be formed for the heeling process. Well, i'm not sure if i did the right thing, but the bleeding did stop eventually, after one more day of slight bleeding and swallowing my own blood. Yeah, i think i'm turning into a vampire by drinking my own blood.

I wanted to document down the whole experience of the wisdom tooth removal surgery, but frankly i think i've forgotten most part of it already. Well, it's an unpleasant experience that i'd rather forget and perhaps my mind is doing just that, slowly erasing the details of the surgery.

Oh, and talking about how the mind works, i actually felt the pain yesterday on my tooth rather than on the operated gum. It was as if my tooth was still there and the pain came from a bad tooth and not a lesion. It's pretty much like the people who have had their arms or legs removed due to accident would still feel the pain from the injured limb even though it's no longer there.

Anyway, i'll get to writing about the surgery tomorrow (hopefully) before it's completely erased from my memory. I may still have to go through another surgery for my other wisdom teeth, so it's best that i have it recorded to remind myself that i survived the first.

Sigh, as for now, i gotta go and take my dinner before the medicine. Congee again. Yucks. *burp*

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 10:38 pm: I'm back alive
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 3:06 pm: I'm nervous
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 1:16 pm: One year old
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 3:01 am: A rainy and boring Sunday
Friday, June 09, 2006 @ 1:56 pm: TGIF
Thursday, June 08, 2006 @ 1:39 am: How rumours spread
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 @ 5:47 pm: A visit to the dentist
Monday, June 05, 2006 @ 2:16 pm: The past weekend
Friday, June 02, 2006 @ 1:57 am: I'm troubled
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 @ 12:44 pm: Job hunting