I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, February 05, 2007

The past week (and my birthday gifts)

This post was supposed to be written last week but i was really tied up with work. It has been a hectic week for me.

On Tuesday, the users asked me if i could return to work on Saturday. They wanted me to guide them on system testing. Even though the system go-live date was postponed to mid-May, my boss still wanted everything to be signed off by the original data, which is just two weeks away.

贝 and i had already planned to do CNY shopping on Saturday, and i really didn't wanna miss it. So i asked the users to do as much as possible for the following three days by allocating all their time to the testing and not to be interrupted by other things like they always did. Luckily i'm in rather good terms with these few users and they agreed.

Then on Wednesday, i worked till 9pm+. By the time i reached home in JB (贝 was on leave), it was almost 11pm already. I was totally bushed.  

The following day was my birthday. I must say that it was the best birthday i've had in recent years. No, there wasn't any party-till-dawn kind of birthday bash. I've passed the age to spend my birthday in such way. It was a quiet yet happy happy happy day for me.

Early in the morning, i saw a big plastic bag on the table. I looked inside the bag and saw a big box.



I was so happy when i saw this birthday gift from 贝. We saw this mini water dispenser a few weeks back when i accompanied 贝 back to his office one weekend. His colleague has this on the table and i liked it so much. I've been bugging 贝 ever since to find out from his colleague where it was bought so that i could get one for myself as well during our planned shopping spree on Saturday.



I didn't expect that he got it for me as a gift on my birthday. I brought it to the office the very next day and showed it off to everyone by placing it on my desk.



There was another birthday surprise from 贝. While i was working hard in the office, i received a call from the customer service desk at the lobby. The lady said there was a bouquet of flowers for me and asked me to go collect it.



This was the first time i ever had flowers delivered to my work place. I was so touched. I just jokingly mentioned to 贝 a few weeks back that he never sent me any flowers. Who knew that he actually took note of it and sent me a bouquet on my birthday. Even though i'm not a flower person and was rather embarrassed to have the bouquet shown up in the office, it really did make my day. Thank you, 贝! 



Later that day, i knocked off on time and had a sumptuous dinner with 贝 in Singapore. We again reached home rather late.

On Friday, 贝 was on leave again. I thought i didn't have to stay late, but the users didn't put all their time in testing as promised, and in the end i stayed till 9pm+ again. So for three consecutive days, i went to bed really late and i was (and still am) sleep deprived.

Then over the weekend, i couldn't get more rest either. I gotta wake up early on both Saturday and Sunday.

Yesterday, we went to Singapore to have our car checked, because since last car servicing, the tyre alignment seemed to out due to the tyre rotation (i.e. change the rear tyres to the front). After the car servicing, we went shopping at Orchard Road as planned, and i spent SGD500+ in just one day. Gosh, just as i was telling myself that i've been spending too much, i squandered my money away again. Darn!  

Today, i went to karaoke with Sui, Ting, and Carol. It was on their treat and they even bought a piece of cake for me as a belated birthday celebration. I didn't really sing much though, as i was really beat and low in energy. It was good to meet up with old friends nevertheless. Our last gathering was like three months ago or so. I think we really ought to meet up more, but the problem is that everyone seems to be so busy, including myself.

Hmm, i think i pretty much summarized what happened during the past week. It was a tiring yet fabulous week. I have the best boyfriend who loves me so much. I enjoyed my current job even though it's demanding. I have some best friends with me every year around my birthday time. To many people, this kind of normal life may be considered unexciting, or even boring. But to me, i think life is good this way. Peaceful yet happy. I'm thankful for it.  

Labels: ,

Happy Birthday! The penguin water dispenser does seem useful. So where can we get it?

you can get the PYAGU at any "Action City" outlets in Singapore -> "www.actioncity.com.sg"

Hers was from Marina Square...

beer brat, thanks. Actually i don't know where to get it, but you got a reply already. ;)

Share your cogitation



Thursday, February 01, 2007 @ 7:03 pm: Thirty-two
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 @ 3:33 am: Ex getting married
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 @ 4:26 am: Failing my resolutions
Monday, January 29, 2007 @ 4:29 am: The past weekend
Friday, January 26, 2007 @ 3:59 am: Spending too much
Thursday, January 25, 2007 @ 4:19 am: I'm not a Singaporean
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 @ 4:06 am: Fagged out by commuting
Monday, January 22, 2007 @ 4:26 am: Extra money
Thursday, January 18, 2007 @ 4:15 am: A senseless boring trivia
Wednesday, January 17, 2007 @ 3:16 am: Not gelling well