I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, April 20, 2007

Work pressure

There's a religious function going on now just opposite the HDB we stay. The noise from the Chinese Opera and auctioning is driving me nuts! Gosh, it started hours ago. When is it gonna end???!!!


Was on leave today and stayed at home (in Singapore). 贝 is still sick and took medical leave for today. So i had a valid reason for not going to work, i.e. to take care of my sick boyfriend. But the truth is that i'm feeling very tired and needed a rest too.

User training on the new system started today and will last for about two weeks. Since i'm not involved in the training, it didn't matter that i was absent today. But the user testing isn't completed yet and the users would not proceed without me around. Uh huh, despite this being the 4th time we are doing the testing, the users still want me to hold their hands and guide them. I wonder if they are still gonna be so dependant on our department after system runs live.

As the go-live date draws near, i'm starting to feel the pressure building up. I wouldn't have felt this way if everything was going smoothly. There wasn't a single time when we could test a full cycle of business flow in the system without encountering any errors. Some of the errors had been reported before, supposedly resolved, but then reoccurred, while some were errors on the functionalities that had been tested, signed off, but then didn't work anymore. At this critical juncture, the system is still so unstable. How could i possibly expect a smooth system implementation?

I've told 贝 that my work will only get busier and may knock off from work later and later. He explained that he wasn't unhappy about me getting home late the other day. It was just that he was worried about me over-working, and also he was sick and i wasn't around, so he was a bit upset. I understand how he felt, and he understands why i wasn't happy too. That's all that matters. Regardless of all the stress we have at work, our loved ones are always there for us, giving us all the support and understanding. Ya, that's all that matters really.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, April 18, 2007 @ 4:31 pm: I'm NOT sorry
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 @ 3:53 am: The saddest moment
Monday, April 16, 2007 @ 3:17 am: Asian Badminton Championship 2007
Thursday, April 12, 2007 @ 2:24 am: After moving in
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 @ 3:13 am: Back online
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 @ 2:56 am: The past (long) weekend
Thursday, April 05, 2007 @ 12:58 pm: I'm pissed
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 @ 12:42 pm: Internet-less
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 @ 3:38 am: The new home
Sunday, April 01, 2007 @ 3:34 pm: Moving soon