I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Going on business trip soon

The trip is pretty much confirmed, even though i've yet to get the tickets and travel itinerary.

I'll be leaving for Taipei on next Monday instead of Sunday as originally planned. It's now the peak season for travelling and all flights from SG to Taipei are fully booked. The next available flight is on Monday afternoon, so i'll be leaving later than the others. Uh huh, my direct superior and his boss will be going there too, but on earlier flights.

As i don't have the details of the trip yet, i'm not sure how many days i'll be in Taipei. I'll probably be there for four days, and then will fly directly to HK. I'll be in HK for five days, and i'm supposed to return on the Friday, but i was told that the returning flight is fully booked too. I'm still on the waiting list. I wonder how am i getting back to SG if i can't get a confirmed seat. Don't tell me i'll be left all alone in HK for another day.

So i'll be in two different countries for the next two weeks. I'll miss the Hari Raya Haji holiday as i'll be working in HK then. I wonder if the company compensates us for the missed public holiday with off-in-lieu. No one has told me anything about the company HR policy on travelling, and there isn't an employee handbook either. I guess i'll just have to ask my boss about it.

Frankly, i'm not too sure what am i supposed to do at the overseas offices. i'm still new and still picking up the knowledge on the new system and the businesses. I wonder why they want me to be there. I reckon it's because both of the bosses will not be around and if i'm left alone in SG, then i'll just be sitting around doing nothing. So they would rather have me going with them so that i could observe and learn.

Anyway, i'm more than happy to have a chance to go to these two places where i've never been to before. I doubt i'll have time to visit the places of interest, but it would be interesting to see the working culture of the people in other countries.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, December 04, 2007 @ 4:45 am: First day at work
Monday, December 03, 2007 @ 3:01 am: It's December
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 @ 7:21 pm: Trip to KL
Saturday, November 24, 2007 @ 3:49 am: Last day at work
Friday, November 23, 2007 @ 3:41 pm: Counting down...
Friday, November 23, 2007 @ 3:30 pm: Fraud adjustment
Friday, November 23, 2007 @ 4:32 am: Yet another fraud
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 @ 8:17 pm: An email about work
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 @ 4:21 am: To a dejected friend
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 @ 3:11 am: It's a bizarre world