I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, June 22, 2009

Paying the price

Our HDB unit is really nice, really, everyone who had seen it said that.

We spent a lot of effort and money in making it a beautiful and comfy home for both of us, which symbolises our new life together forever.

And the worst part of all is that we bought the unit when the property market was good, and we paid a very high price for it, way above market value.

At that time, we figured that our intention was not to buy this unit for investment but for staying, and it's a HOME that we would be in for a long time to come. So we were willing to pay higher price for the place that we loved so much, and willing to pay for good stuff in furnishing our home.

Now, not only i got to stay in that home for just a few short months, i won't get to stay in it ever again either. When it's time to sell it (after filing for divorce), it wouldn't be able to fetch the same price again and we are sure to suffer a loss.

YY had wanted to get our own HDB unit to save on the rental and hence we got married. Of course, he thought he loved me at the time of marriage too.

It turned out, now i still end up renting a room outside, and worse, gotta stay with landlady instead of with my loved one, feeling all lonely and hurtful. I ended up in debt and may need to scoop out money in future too for the selling of the house. So i was basically throwing my money (and part of my future) away for nothing, for the man whom i love so deeply but is too immature and selfish to understand and maintain a lifetime of commitment called love and marriage.

I guess i only have myself to blame, for being so blinded by love. And i am paying for the price now.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Monday, June 22, 2009 @ 6:07 pm: Doing my best to let go...
Monday, June 22, 2009 @ 4:49 pm: At KL
Monday, June 22, 2009 @ 1:24 pm: At the airport
Monday, June 22, 2009 @ 3:25 am: My theme song 82
Monday, June 22, 2009 @ 3:18 am: Heartache still
Monday, June 22, 2009 @ 2:34 am: My theme song 81
Sunday, June 21, 2009 @ 11:38 pm: Still in progress
Sunday, June 21, 2009 @ 8:49 pm: Slow progress
Sunday, June 21, 2009 @ 3:55 pm: At work again
Sunday, June 21, 2009 @ 5:34 am: My theme song 80