I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, October 01, 2010

New shoes

I had wanted to meet up with LF for a movie after work if it wasn't for this new pair of high-heels that I wore to work today.

I woke up late this morning and when I got out of the house, I already knew that I had made a mistake in wearing them today. Yet, I was in a rush and decided that I would go buy some shoe inserts or cushioned insoles from Watson later in the afternoon.

Of course, it turned out to be a wrong decision. That ought to teach me a lesson on the consequence of not rectifying a mistake promptly and procrastination.

This pair of shoes are a bit too loose for my feet. While I was walking, it kept slipping out and that made walking difficult. This also created friction against my heels, while the narrower front of the shoes pressed against my pinky toes and it was painful.

You may be wondering why the heck I bought a pair of high heels with the wrong size. Well, the problem is that I have wide and fleshy feet. Most shoes are not designed for wide feet like mine. Those that fit the length will be too tight for me at the side (i can't even squeeze into some that are with thin and narrow design), while those that my wide feet can fit in will be too long and loose at the front or heel. That was why I bought this pair that is about half-size bigger but knowing that I gotta get shoe inserts to make it fit better.

Anyway, in the afternoon, it was raining and I could not go to Watson as planned. So I had to put up with the pain, and walked like a clown for the entire day, trying to keep my feet in the shoes and not having it slipped out. I gotta call off the meet-up with LF because I gotta cut down walking.

Still, after a day of torture, now there are blisters on my pinky toes. Another lesson learnt is that i should always have a pair of slippers or spare sandles in the office for situation like this.

On an unrelated note, I was supposed to finish up this post in the cab just now, but the cabby was a reckless driver and I felt nauseous sitting at the back seat, bumping left and right at every turn. Hmm, I wonder why all cab drivers had turned into F1 racers all of the sudden.

Labels:

aiseh, what a miss for your movie. lesson learned indeed. hmm, i thought you are the type of person who wears for comfort and not trendy, so no high-heels. how are you now going to wear other shoes without feeling the pain leh...

new resolution - must not procrastinate.....cheers.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5909/comic31.jpg

it's 10-10-10, and you should be cheerful :). i should have posted this at 10pm, but never mind-lah, and the story is kind of obsolete also.. hope you have a nice good day today :).

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, September 29, 2010 @ 3:31 am: Working late
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 @ 2:46 am: Must sleep early
Monday, September 27, 2010 @ 5:05 am: JB Song
Monday, September 27, 2010 @ 4:42 am: Last week in KL
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 @ 4:41 am: Clearing shit
Monday, September 20, 2010 @ 1:07 pm: At KL
Monday, September 20, 2010 @ 3:31 am: My theme song 124
Sunday, September 19, 2010 @ 2:55 am: Unwell
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 @ 11:10 pm: At KLIA
Monday, September 13, 2010 @ 10:39 am: At Senai Airport