I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I must have gone bonkers

I was very happy with the result for the latest episode of the Survivor: Guatemala. Crazy Jamie was voted out and i'm now rooting for Gary. Go, Gary, go!


I must be going crazy.

I chatted with a telemarketer on the phone for 30 minutes yesterday in the office.

This is so NOT my style. I abhor small talk. I shun telemarketers. Yet, i did what i detest with someone whom i normally dodge for a freaking half an hour yesterday.

Finally, the sign was here. It was official. I'm cracked. It's either that or i'm turning into an auntie, just like my mom who could pick up a conversation with anyone queuing in front of her at a bank or pasar.

Actually i should have seen it coming. The area where i'm sitting in the office used to have 20 persons. Now, it's only left with four. If there isn't any problem with the system and there isn't anyone calling me trying to sell me something or to get me to attend some seminars, i can go without talking to anyone from the time i step into the office till the time i leave, which is about 10 hours or so. The only conversations i may have are probably done through my fingers in the form of programming language with the code debugger, or MSN with 贝 and friends, or blogging and leaving comments on other blogs.

This was probably why i would talk for so long with that telemarketer. Ok, i'm not a talkative person but i'm not exactly a quiet indrawn person either. To go that long without real contact with anyone can be quite xian sometimes.

Since my ex-boss left and i got an additional title attached to my name in the organization chart, the receptionist has been transferring all the sales call to me. I always receive calls from telemarketers and i'm rather surprised that these people don't know about our situation, or else they wouldn't be calling at all. I guess most telemarketers don't read financial news.

Normally, i would just use a good excuse reason to drive them off -- "oh, my company is currently having some problems so we have no intention to buy anything in the foreseeable future" (translation: whatever that you're selling, we aren't buying; so buzz off). Yesterday, i had wanted to use the same tactic too until she said that she was a Malaysian and i told her i was too. Then we started chatting as if we knew each other. Simply amazing.

I'm not sure if the continuous deferment of our company's fate is good or bad, but one thing i'm darn sure of is that it's really testing my patience and my sanity!

Share your cogitation



Friday, November 18, 2005 @ 3:21 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Thursday, November 17, 2005 @ 4:43 am: Basic Driving Theory Test
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 @ 4:47 am: What i'm reading now
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 @ 3:41 am: Caltex Neighbourhood Rewards
Sunday, November 13, 2005 @ 9:01 pm: Mmmm, Swiss Fondue...
Friday, November 11, 2005 @ 10:41 pm: We are different, just like everyone else
Friday, November 11, 2005 @ 5:51 pm: Consultants... don't you just love 'em?!
Thursday, November 10, 2005 @ 3:37 am: Snooker U
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 @ 4:28 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Monday, November 07, 2005 @ 8:29 pm: I hate long weekends