I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, March 27, 2006

My new pre-owned golf set

My friend Ting gave birth to a cute little girl on last Thursday night. Congrats!


For my golf lessons and practice, i've been using a Pitching Wedge that was borrowed from the driving range. I was thinking of getting a 7 Iron as i read from the book that it's the ideal club for practicing. As i'm still learning the game and not sure what kind of clubs would suit me the best, i decided not to get any new clubs yet. So, Creative Golf was the place to visit, as it holds a wide range of used golf clubs, selling at reasonable prices.

A few days before, i called the boss of Creative Golf to enquire about the loose Irons. The boss, Joe, told me that he didn't have any more 7 Iron for ladies. 5 and 9 Iron were all that he had left. He then suggested that i get a half set instead.

As Creative Golf was not too far from 贝's office, he went there during lunch hour on last Thursday to check out the clubs. After his visit, he told me that a loose Iron was selling at SGD50 and above, while the half set was only selling at SGD180. We decided that i should have a look and decide if i indeed wanna get that half set.

And so, after our 4th golf lesson on Saturday morning, 贝 and i did just that. We drove in to Singapore and visited Creative Golf. We were rather impressed by the range of products that were sold in the shop. There were some very new models too, which means that Singaporeans were darn rich to buy the new releases, use for a short while, and then sell them off to a second-hand shop.

Joe was a very friendly guy. Maybe that explains why his business seemed to be very good. There were lots of patrons in the shop, including some angmos and Japanese. According to Joe, half set is rare in Singapore because the distributors here only sell full set. Normally, only the countries that manufacture the clubs (e.g. Japan or America) would sell half set. I was quite happy with the condition of the half set, and was even happier when Joe said that he would sell it to me at SGD150, which was SGD30 cheaper than the price he had quoted two days before.

Yep, so i bought the half set in the end -- Mizuno Chime-i ladies set with Driver, 4 Wood, 5 Iron, 7 Iron, 9 Iron, Sand Wedge, and Putter (i didn't take the golf bag because it was too big and old to my liking):



Click here to see more pictures of the golf clubs.

I know this is an out-dated model but it's good enough for me -- well, at least for now. Hope this little investment would give me the motivation to practise more and the determination to learn the skill despite its difficulties.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Friday, March 24, 2006 @ 8:59 pm: Too much of a coincidence?
Thursday, March 23, 2006 @ 4:26 pm: An email to the consultant
Thursday, March 23, 2006 @ 3:07 am: Respecting a friend's choice of secrecy
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 @ 4:46 pm: About having kids
Monday, March 20, 2006 @ 1:19 pm: A new comb
Friday, March 17, 2006 @ 7:26 pm: PersonalDNA: I'm an Attentive Builder
Thursday, March 16, 2006 @ 1:45 pm: Choices
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 @ 1:56 pm: I'm an IT person
Monday, March 13, 2006 @ 9:18 pm: My best friend's wedding
Friday, March 10, 2006 @ 6:24 pm: TDIF