I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, March 10, 2006

TDIF

Yesterday, i left my mobile phone at home. Today, i forgot about my watch. Gosh, am i getting old?!


Uh huh, ToDay Is Friday, and the weekend is nigh. It's gonna be a long weekend for me as i'll be on leave next Monday. I'm in a fairly good mood now and can almost hear myself humming.

I'll be practising my golf swing again after work today. 贝 and i intend to go to the driving range in JB where we have our golf lesson, which means that we gotta knock off on time to beat the traffic at 2nd Link. The muscles on my hands are actually still aching from the practice on Wednesday but my swing is still not good and i gotta just bear with the pain and continue practising.

Tomorrow is my friend DS's big day. I'm looking forward to seeing her in wedding gown, and yet at the same time i'm feeling a bit uneasy at the thought of attending the wedding dinner tomorrow because my ex will be there too.

DS was one of my best friends during my undergrad's days. When studying at a foreign land, the students of the same nationality tend to bond with each other easily. DS is from Muar and i'm from JB. We gotta traveled half the globe to meet each other and become good friends. Perhaps this is what people called "fate".

The same could be said about my ex and me, just that i'm not sure if there's such a thing as "bad fate". I was deeply hurt in my first relationship and i couldn't face him comfortably after the break up without feeling awkward at all. As he was also my university mate, all of us did meet up a few times after our break up. I didn't feel sad anymore seeing him, but the feeling of uneasiness was always there.

As for DS's wedding tomorrow, it may even be more awkward. This will be the first time we see each other with our partners. Yep, he'll be bringing his girlfriend, while 贝 will be going with me too. To make the matter worse, my mom was also invited, and there was bad blood between my mom and him. I'm pretty sure that we are all gonna be seated at the same table, and so i can't imagine how the ambience is gonna be like at our table. Oh gosh, i guess this is gonna be a very interesting wedding dinner.

Labels: , ,

Looks like your situation is at least 5 times more awkward than mine........muahahaha.

Tell me how u survive, ok.

Turned out it wasn't that bad. So maybe you can consider attending her wedding. :P

Share your cogitation



Thursday, March 09, 2006 @ 6:45 pm: A little story about life
Thursday, March 09, 2006 @ 3:27 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 @ 2:19 pm: A foiled revenge plan
Monday, March 06, 2006 @ 2:21 pm: My car was hit
Monday, March 06, 2006 @ 4:34 am: Golfing
Thursday, March 02, 2006 @ 1:14 pm: I also want a raise
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 @ 1:40 pm: Reducing weight
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 @ 1:29 pm: I've never...
Monday, February 27, 2006 @ 5:36 pm: Personality tests
Sunday, February 26, 2006 @ 12:14 am: Is this ever gonna end?