I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Sprain of my left hand

Went to see a bonesetter again on Tuesday night, and i've been doing all the daily chores with one hand for these two days.



To wash my hair, bathe, eat and type with one hand weren't fun. To emit the smell of Chinese herbs wherever i go wasn't too fancy either. It was as if i was wearing a cheap perfume. In fact, the smell of Chinese medicine in the bandage of my hand was so strong that everything i touched with this bandaged hand would be left with a herbal scent.

I thought the sprain of my left hand had already healed after my visit to the bonesetter at Bukit Mertajam, but it wasn't so. I did feel fine for the first two days after the treatment, and then the feeling of discomfort in my left ring finger returned, accompanied by mild pain in the left thumb as well. It wasn't that the bonesetter at Bukit Mertajam wasn't good. It was because i couldn't identify the exact part of the injury on my left hand, and thus wasn't fully treated on that day.

What happened was that i hurt myself when practising golf swing about a month ago. That was when i was using the golf clubs for male (贝 borrowed it from his friend), which were too heavy for my weak hands. So when i swung the clubs to the left, i kinda held the clubs too tight and sprained my fingers. Since then, i had been having this irritation on my left hand, as if all the knuckles were too tight and needed some lubricating oil. There wasn't any pain except when i clenched my fist, and even that, i couldn't really pinpoint the exact part of the pain. It just felt uncomfortable. Then recently, the condition worsened and i actually started to feel pain and difficulties in bending the ring finger.

I should have visited a doctor earlier instead of waited for a month before consulting one. It turned out that the ligaments on the thumb and ring finger were hurt due to dislocated joints. I don't really understand fully what the bonesetter told me, but he said that i have to massage the joints between the fingers and the palm on my own for some time before the injury can fully recovered. If i don't do that, the discomfort would return, just like what happened after i visited the bonesetter at Bukit Mertajam.

Anyway, i'll be removing the bandage tonight and then gotta do the massaging on my own as what the bonesetter had instructed. I really can't wait to remove the bandage. Other than to stop smelling like Chinese herbs, i'm also tired of doing everything with one hand. It also isn't funny when people keep asking me what happened to my hand and then looked at me in astonishment as if i was the biggest fool in the universe, simply because they had never heard of anyone injuring the hand from golfing. Oh, and i can't wait to resume my golf practice too. We had stopped practising for more than a week already. But this time, i'll be really gentle on the left grip.

Labels: ,

oh my dear, u r not the only "fool".
remember I told u my ex-manager also had the same fate :p
Then, this kind of injury is not can be fully healed after a treatment.
It's like a long term effort, or at least u've to refrain from some certain action and certain food for the time being.
and need regular visit to ur dear bonesetter, that's how my brother-in-law makes $$$ mah!
and that's y my hand & leg never fully recover.
cause I never stop my "other activities".

You should see an orthopaedic and not just the chinese sensei. For some injuries, if it is to do with torn or sore tendon, you cannot rub, otherwise the part would turn worse.

I had sore tendon on my wrists before, it took me 10 months to heal coz that time I was still breastfeeding, and cannot take anti-inflamation medicines.

Some injuries require you to take medicines. Check with proper doctor lah!

Sui: You are right. I was told to keep away from any food that is cold or sour, and also not to drink any beer. I think this is gonna be a "long-term battle" for me, 'coz after removing the bandage, i'm still feeling the pain at my thumb. But i can't stop my golf lesson so i guess i just gotta bear with it loh! :(

Suzette: I did contemplate in seeing a western doctor, but then i thought Chinese medicine is better in dealing with this kind of injury. Frankly, i'm at a loss now. Not sure if i should visit an orthopaedist or continue the Chinese way of treatment.

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, April 26, 2006 @ 4:55 pm: My car was hit, again
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 @ 1:31 am: Queue-jumping jackass
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 @ 12:39 pm: Income tax matters
Monday, April 24, 2006 @ 12:11 am: What i did up north
Friday, April 21, 2006 @ 3:46 am: A realization when up north
Thursday, April 20, 2006 @ 2:29 am: An early long weekend
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 @ 3:32 am: Late for work
Monday, April 17, 2006 @ 5:33 pm: My thoughts on the cases of Fusarium keratitis
Thursday, April 13, 2006 @ 8:24 pm: My thoughts on the crooked bridge
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 @ 3:18 am: Goodbye, dear camera