I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, March 05, 2007

Last Friday at work

Was stuck in meeting at work for the whole of Friday. Phase II of the project has started and we are reviewing the requirements that were drafted more than a year ago. We hope to get it right this time to avoid the same mistakes in Phase I.

I found the meeting to be a real drag, so much so that i almost blew my top. There was this British consultant engaged by the company to assist in the implementation of this project, and she was really long winded and kept on babbling about God-knows-what. I was really pissed at the way she never listened and understood the user's concerns, and kept on suggesting whole bunch of solutions that didn't quite work for Asian culture. I heard myself saying "shut up" in my head everytime she opened her mouth. Sigh, consultants... can i ever steer clear of them?!

My frustration on the meeting aside, something unexpected happened on Friday. A manager in our department left the company abruptly. He had worked for the company for 16 years and his departure came as a surprise to everyone. He didn't even send out a farewell email or say goodbye to anyone. It was HR that sent out an email to inform everyone that he had left the company.

I felt bad for him, even though he wasn't a likable person and had been a pain in the butt for almost everyone in the company. I'm not sure what happened, and i really wonder if anyone other than the management knew the real story behind his departure. I'll see if i can scoop out something from my colleagues tomorrow (kay po time!).

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Friday, March 02, 2007 @ 3:22 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 @ 11:50 pm: New colleagues
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 @ 3:16 am: Back to work
Saturday, February 24, 2007 @ 4:54 am: The five days of CNY
Sunday, February 18, 2007 @ 6:15 am: Eve of CNY
Saturday, February 17, 2007 @ 2:06 am: Happy oink oink year!
Thursday, February 15, 2007 @ 3:28 am: Set for CNY and English accent
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 @ 4:15 am: An awful cover letter
Monday, February 12, 2007 @ 3:37 am: Good news from last Friday
Friday, February 09, 2007 @ 5:00 am: Working late