I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, January 11, 2010

At Senai Airport

Having lousy breakfast and waiting to board the plane at 8.50am to KL. Will be there until Wednesday.

Had initially booked the ticket to fly from SG, then realised that since i would be back in JB over the weekend, i might as well fly from Senai instead so that mom does not have to send me back to SG on Sunday. I'd also have time to meet up with LF, who was back to JB already.

I should have gone to KL last week, but one of our managers is leaving the company soon and the farewell dinner was arranged to be today. So i postponed the trip by a week, just so that i could attend her farewell dinner.

This manager has been with the company for 24 years. All of us thought she would for sure work till her retirement (since she isn't really young either). When her resignation was made known to everyone, we were all in shock. This again proves that nothing is "for sure", nothing is definite.

Besides the farewell, my main purpose to KL is also to perform the annual performance review with my team members. This will be the first time i'm doing performance review with staff, and i'm not exactly sure how to go about it. It's especially difficult for me on the part of making comments about them, as two out of four of them have not been with us for long and haven't really showed their strengths or weaknesses much yet. I guess i'll just have to squeeze something out of my head.

The performance review form of this company isn't really something easy to fill in. All my staff struggled with it, as they are all new and were filling it for the first time. They submitted the forms to me and i returned to them for revision due to incompleteness. Then the second round of submission was still not right, and i returned to them again. I'd have to talk to them one-by-one over the phone to explain to them what were missed out and even gave them examples of what i've written for my own just so that they knew what i'm expecting from them. Sometimes i really wonder if i'm pampering and spoon-feeding my staff too much.

Anyway, hope i'd have some time after work to go shopping. Since i've cleared out lots of my old clothing, now my wardrobe has plenty of space for new outfits!

Labels:

sigh~~~
nowadays kids are normally "strawberry", can't scold, can't give pressure.
U want them to stay up to work overtime without overtime paying is impossible. They'll just in order to go home on dot, simply "complete" their task. Then as a so called MANAGER, you had to stay back to review & clear up their SHIT for them.
Ask them to provide simple report, they'll ask for format/ sample & etc. Who the hell is going to provide the so called "format/sample" to me?
What actually happen to this world???

Happy New Year my friend,
Nice to read some of your post. Times flies ..hey how is your golf ??..remember 3 years ago you made a resolution
All the best to you in 2010

Share your cogitation



Sunday, January 10, 2010 @ 7:30 am: Idiocy
Saturday, January 09, 2010 @ 5:42 am: Tired
Thursday, January 07, 2010 @ 4:20 am: Pet Society: Festive Fruit
Wednesday, January 06, 2010 @ 4:42 am: Back late again
Tuesday, January 05, 2010 @ 4:36 am: Back late
Monday, January 04, 2010 @ 3:57 am: Obligations
Friday, January 01, 2010 @ 4:13 pm: The post of tradition
Friday, January 01, 2010 @ 2:56 am: My realisations for 2009
Friday, January 01, 2010 @ 1:56 am: You have loved
Thursday, December 31, 2009 @ 8:44 pm: Time at home