I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, January 01, 2010

The post of tradition

The tradition dictates that the first post for the new year should always be the new year's resolutions. The tradition also calls for a review of what i've set for myself last year.

And i'm gonna follow the traditions.

I read my post on the new year's resolution for year 2009 and it was stated that i want "to achieve a work-life balanced lifestyle".

Seriously, i do not know how to grade myself on this.

Looking back, i think i've only spent a total of half-a-year doing real work on my job. During the few months of difficult time, i've not been working at all. Everyday was spent in a daze when i was in office, and there were lots of time spent out of office as well, thanks to my bosses for being understanding and supportive.

So if i were to measure it by comparing the time spent working and non-working, then i guess i did have a balanced time. Yet, the non-working time was not real "life" at all; it was more like living lifelessly. Then i guess i've again failed my last year's resolution miserably, more than ever.

Anyway, let's move on to year 2010!

I know it's kinda pointless to set up resolutions that i never achieve, so my first and foremost resolution for the year should then be: to work on and achieve what i set out to do at the beginning of the year!

And if i were to fail this, then i've failed everything else.

Ok, on to more concrete stuff.

What i really want to achieve for year 2010 are these:

  1. To be healthy

  2. To be good

  3. To be beautiful

  4. To be happy


Uh huh, who can be more ambitious than this huh? I know none of these are easy, and i must work hard at it.

To be healthy

I should start doing some exercises, whether it's working out at the gym, jogging or picking up golfing again. Something. Anything.

I must also go for medical and dental checkups, and take supplements daily. It is important for me to kick the habit of sleeping late, to spend lesser time on the Web, and to somehow fix my long-term constipation problem.

To be good

I shall embark on my volunteering work (i am still waiting for the assignment from the prison authority), and also dedicate some time volunteering for UNIFEM, which i've already signed up more than half-a-year but yet to work on anything.

I also plan to do at least one "good deed" everyday (日行一善), even if it's something as simple as making someone happy for a brief moment.

[I've done this today by being a filial daughter -- had dim sum breakfast with mom in the morning and went shopping with her in the afternoon]

Of course, the other important thing is to get closer to God by spending more time in understanding the Bible and praying daily.

To be beautiful

I guess the first resolution have a lot effect on this one.

Even though i'm slim now, i lost weight in the unhealthy way and the part of my body that used to be fleshy is thinner now but still flabby. By exercising regularly, i should be able to firm up the muscles and make the figure nicer. By maintaining a good sleeping pattern and digestive system, my complexion should improve too.

Then, it's the vanity part -- i should revamp my wardrobe and learn some natural makeup skill. After all, i'm not that young anymore. These are necessary to present myself well to the others.

Lastly, beauty also comes from within. I shall read more this year. I haven't been reading at all last year because i spent most of the time immersing in sorrow and playing silly games on Facebook.

[No, that doesn't mean that i will stop playing the games, but i will cut down the time spent on Facebook tremendously.]

To be happy

Lastly, this is the most difficult one.

Well, i may not be 100% happy because i still need time to heal the pain, but i guess if i can stay healthy, be good and look pretty, i will be somewhat happy.

Oh gosh, i think i've set up some missions impossible for myself. Let's see if i can make the impossibility possible.

Labels:

ei, having breakfast with mom is also 日行一善 mei? I tot it is a normal obligation lei. hehe, just joking lah - ym

Share your cogitation



Friday, January 01, 2010 @ 2:56 am: My realisations for 2009
Friday, January 01, 2010 @ 1:56 am: You have loved
Thursday, December 31, 2009 @ 8:44 pm: Time at home
Thursday, December 31, 2009 @ 4:12 am: Hair rebonding
Thursday, December 31, 2009 @ 3:58 am: These two days
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 @ 5:51 am: The past weekend and this week
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 @ 4:35 am: Pet Society: Cup cake tree
Saturday, December 26, 2009 @ 4:57 am: My Christmas day
Friday, December 25, 2009 @ 5:00 am: Merry Chirstmas
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 @ 4:56 am: Should I?