I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Random updates

Had one of the most pathetic birthday in my life. Due to jet lag, i went to bed at 8am and woke up at around 2pm. Then i went shopping for a while in the evening. Mom came in on Monday too to pick up the dirty laundry, and also to deliver the hard-boiled eggs for my birthday. She didn't make the eggs red. Seriously, i do not understand why Chinese has this tradition of eating hard-boiled eggs on birthday.

Then last night, had a long chat with the close friend who was also going through the difficulties of separation and divorce. We talked about the heartache and pain, and felt so sad that i cried. I have actually been feeling rather down since a week ago, probably due to the birthday or maybe it's PMS.

Went to bed at 3am and had only about 4hrs of sleep. Dragged myself to the office and saw a vase of flowers on my desk.



I've actually received email on Monday from the company secretary about a delivery of flowers, and i've already guessed it must be from YY. True enough, it was from him, and i did not feel joy at all. Of all the years that we were together, he had only sent me flowers once, on my 32-year-old birthday, and i felt it was the best birthday of my life. This was the second time, on probably the worst birthday of my life, and we are no longer together anymore. The thought of it kinda saddened me.

Then at work today, it was a maddening day as well, for having to deal with the unprofessionalism of the consultants from the solution centre. The sloppy work that they did resulted in us constantly clearing their endless shits, but we still gotta maintain a good vendor relationship with them and not able to reprimand them for it. We gotta swallow the anger and continue to fix the problems that they created. All these really get to me.

One good thing to note though -- i discovered my January payroll was banked in with double the amount. I got the new year bonus again! I gave mom additional SGD500 for her to get CNY stuff as well as some nice new outfits for herself. As for me, i haven't done my CNY shopping yet, so i guess this additional money will come in handy.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Monday, February 01, 2010 @ 9:08 am: On turning 35
Monday, February 01, 2010 @ 8:57 am: Back in SG
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 @ 2:32 pm: The journey to USA
Monday, January 25, 2010 @ 10:25 am: At Changi Airport
Monday, January 25, 2010 @ 2:51 am: Going to USA
Thursday, January 21, 2010 @ 4:58 am: Down again
Thursday, January 21, 2010 @ 4:52 am: These three days
Monday, January 18, 2010 @ 4:56 am: Performance review
Sunday, January 17, 2010 @ 6:21 am: My theme song 121
Sunday, January 17, 2010 @ 5:32 am: Slow Internet connection