I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

More on my injured left hand

I've been lax in blogging for the past few days, due to a reason that i mentioned before. Uh huh, i spent the last long weekend watching Dae Jang Geum. Just two more discs and i'll finish watching the whole series. Fast huh?!

I removed the bandage last Thursday but still felt the pain. Thanks to my best friend Sui who told me that her manager had also hurt his hand from golfing, i decided to search the Web for information on golf injuries, which led me to discover that the condition on my left ring finger is known as trigger finger. It is one of the most common injuries suffered by golfers, and the embarrassing part was that i wasn't even considered a golfer yet since i've only started learning golf and so far have only practised at driving range.

Also thanks to my favourite mommy blogger Suzette, i began to wonder if the pain on my left thumb was due to injury to the tendon instead of ligament. However, i didn't heed the mommy's advice to see an orthopaedist. I went to see another Chinese physician, recommended by 贝's physician who has been treating his gastric problem.

The Chinese physician massaged my left arms instead of the hand. He told me that i wasn't supposed to rub the injured thumb when it was already hurt (just as Suzette had mentioned). I was also given a bottle of liniment to apply on my own. Before my visit to this physician, 贝's physician had also prescribed some Chinese herbs for me to immerse my left hand as a form of therapy. As for the trigger finger, the condition is mild so i was told to gently massage the joint area with a bit of ginger consistently for three months.

So how am i feeling now? Better but still a bit of stiffness on the thumb and the "triggering" sensation on the ring finger in the morning. I guess this takes time to heal. In the meantime, i'll still be golfing.

Labels: ,

Glad that you are feeling slightly better now. Let the injured part rest. It needs time to heal, not like fever - it won't recover in few days. Maybe give it a few weeks? Be patient... :)

Share your cogitation



Thursday, April 27, 2006 @ 8:10 pm: Sprain of my left hand
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 @ 4:55 pm: My car was hit, again
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 @ 1:31 am: Queue-jumping jackass
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 @ 12:39 pm: Income tax matters
Monday, April 24, 2006 @ 12:11 am: What i did up north
Friday, April 21, 2006 @ 3:46 am: A realization when up north
Thursday, April 20, 2006 @ 2:29 am: An early long weekend
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 @ 3:32 am: Late for work
Monday, April 17, 2006 @ 5:33 pm: My thoughts on the cases of Fusarium keratitis
Thursday, April 13, 2006 @ 8:24 pm: My thoughts on the crooked bridge