I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Italy won! Yay!

Finally, the madness has come to an end. Not that it bothered me very much, but i would certainly appreciate reading about some other sports than football, football, football.

Oh, before i ramble on, allow me to say this to people who didn't bet on Italy: i told you so. Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh.  

This World Cup was the one to which i had paid the most attention, simply because 贝 betted on almost every match.

贝 isn't a gambler, well, at least not those kind who bet on lottery every week. He only betted small amount on each match, just for the fun of it, he said.

Yet, losing is anything but fun. After the semi-final, 贝 threw this away:

Betting tickets on Germany


He lost SDG80 in placing his bet on Germany to win the World Cup. It wasn't too bad though, considering all the online bets he had placed up until the semi-final had won him USD100+.

And, that was not all.

Italy won! Yay yay yay!!!

Yes, we rejoiced at Italian winning the World Cup. For me, it wasn't because the Italian food that i love so much, or my random guess that was correct (which actually brought me nothing except the chance of being smug at my accurate prediction).

It was because of this:

Betting tickets on Italy


Uh huh, 贝 won SGD820 for his SGD80 bet on Italy. That's ten-fold of winning! Too bad that he betted on Italy because he has always been a supporter of Italian team and not because he trusted my sixth sense, or else i could have claimed all the credits.

Nevertheless, some of the winning should still be spent on me. I think the Singapore Sales is still on. Hmmm, let me see...  

Labels: ,

ok... go get something u like this weekend... i got budget for a gift to u...

Congratulation!!!!

Sui, were you congratulating him or me? :P

Thanks!

Share your cogitation



Monday, July 10, 2006 @ 1:47 am: Final golf lesson postponed again
Saturday, July 08, 2006 @ 3:56 am: It's weekend again
Friday, July 07, 2006 @ 2:44 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Thursday, July 06, 2006 @ 2:01 am: Cherry tomato
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 @ 5:19 pm: Job hunting resumed
Monday, July 03, 2006 @ 12:13 pm: Let it rain, rain, rain
Friday, June 30, 2006 @ 4:39 pm: Unenjoyable movie
Thursday, June 29, 2006 @ 4:48 pm: Free movie tickets
Thursday, June 29, 2006 @ 2:09 am: We were fined, again
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 @ 2:28 am: Two possibilities, or maybe three