I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A rare opportunity that i don't want

I misplaced my watch again. I wonder if it will appear miraculous again this time, just like what happened about one year ago.


Sent out several job applications yesterday and received a call from one of the companies in the evening. The guy called me up to check on more details about my previous and current jobs. It felt like a preliminary interview over the phone. He then asked me to send in a scanned photo of myself. I hope this is a sign that i have a chance to an interview.

Then this morning, i received the reply from the American lady. Oh boy, she sure is persistent. She still wants to speak to me over the phone even though i've declined her offer in my email. I'm afraid she doesn't realize that i actually don't worth all her effort in pursuing me to work for them. Now i'm really at a lost about how to decline her offer once more in a nice yet firm way.

I do know that this is an extremely rare opportunity and many people would have grabbed it when it comes knocking. But to me, the offer was just not big enough to warrant such huge move. To start a new life in another country at this stage of my life needs great courage because there are simply too many things at stake. I just don't have that kind of courage anymore, as the uncertainties really scare me so, and the possible losses may be too huge for me.

I do admit that 贝 is the main reason for me not taking up the offer. I've always hoped to have the chance to work overseas and experience a different kind of life while i'm still young and able. However, 贝 doesn't like living in Western countries at all. He won't mind working in Asian countries like China, Hong Kong, Japan, or like now, Singapore. But Western countries just aren't his choice.

Sometimes, if not most of the times, a couple are bound to have differences in views and ideologies. One of the toughest things about being in a relationship is the constant struggle in coming to terms with each other's differences and attain a compromise. The crux is that both parties gotta know what are the more important things that we want in our lives. To me, i want 贝 to be in my life more than having anything else.

So, knowing the priorities, i'll now go and come up with some good reasons to further reject the offer.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Monday, July 17, 2006 @ 2:16 pm: The past weekend
Friday, July 14, 2006 @ 1:52 am: I'm having a fever now
Thursday, July 13, 2006 @ 2:19 am: Non-working day tomorrow
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 @ 1:11 am: To a blogger friend
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 @ 2:11 am: Italy won! Yay!
Monday, July 10, 2006 @ 1:47 am: Final golf lesson postponed again
Saturday, July 08, 2006 @ 3:56 am: It's weekend again
Friday, July 07, 2006 @ 2:44 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Thursday, July 06, 2006 @ 2:01 am: Cherry tomato
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 @ 5:19 pm: Job hunting resumed